What will those crazy Germans think of next!

Discuss the stuff that makes your ears bleed.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

Bg
Site Admin
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 2254 times
Been liked: 3873 times

What will those crazy Germans think of next!

Post by Bg »

http://www.altmann.haan.de/tubeolator/default.htm

This is the FAQ section. There seem to be two very important questions which are:

"Is this a joke?"
The answer is: "No"

and

"Is this for real?"
The answer is: "Yes"

So who's going to be the first to give it a try? I'd do it on my POD but it might invalidate the warranty ;)
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Stevo
US of Fackin' A Fender

Post by Stevo »

No probs BG. Just bring the stuff and your POD over and I'll do it for you. Always willing to help!
We can forgive the child who is afraid of the dark, we cannot forgive the adult who is afraid of the light!

Richy11
If your 555, then I'm 666

Post by Richy11 »

So what there saying is there gell stuff can make your solid state amp sound valve like? If so I'd have to hear it to blieve it.

Champers
Stagg
Stagg

Post by Champers »

why bother with the POD, everybodys gunna be trading their tube amps in for solid states now!

that is such a con, you'd hope nobody would be that stupid but then again look how well homeopathy has done :roll: if your that gullible you dont deserve any money.

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2254 times
Been liked: 3873 times

Post by Bg »

"Is this a joke?"
The answer is: "No"

and

"Is this for real?"
The answer is: "Yes"

yeah, right ;)
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Stevo
US of Fackin' A Fender

Post by Stevo »

OK, so what is it going to cost to prove or disprove this one?

I am willing to put one of my amps up as a test horse! who's gonna supply the magic gel?

Let's try this stuff, record the amp before and after, post the sound files and let's have some feedback from the forum.........

It might just work!
We can forgive the child who is afraid of the dark, we cannot forgive the adult who is afraid of the light!

Rog
The Self-Proclaimed Voice of Reason
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 57 times

Post by Rog »

I think its the most clever webpage I've seen in a long time. Take a further wander round his site. Love the tone arm!

I've put his guitar bridge as my wallpaper.

Stevo
US of Fackin' A Fender

Post by Stevo »

Interesting read that site!

Oh yeah, 59 Euros! thats around NZ$120 isn't it?

HMMMM big leap of faith there!

B45-12
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by B45-12 »

I don't think I've read such a refreshing scam since the 'deliver your pooh to the local PO' student one in the 70's.

There is no way this gunk is going to affect the operation of the semiconductors packaged inside the plastic cases and about the only possible effect I can see is the impedence between the pins of the packages being affected by any conductive properties of the stuff.

That is not going to affect the 'overtones' any more than a normal resistor would - it could affect the gain of op amps by providing a lower negative feedback path if the one used in the circuit was incredibly high but there is no way if would affect, enhance or alter any specific band of tones.

Trust me - this is sheer b/dust and save your cash and your amp.
You can't do THAT on stage!

ash
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by ash »

I've encountered this one before. About 10 years ago there was a similar scam. Didn't last long then whith no internet to market it...

The amp tech at MW nearly wet himself when I showed him this! He sent the link to Peavey for a laugh.

If anyone really wants to try it I'm sure you could rustle up some nail polish for less than 59 Euros!! ;)

This is one of those things like Fuelstar and those new age engine designs. If it really worked, don't you think every manufacturer on the face of the earth would be buying it up to put on their own products?

Sadly people want to believe so much, that they haven't wasted thier money, they become convinced of an imaginary benefit. Just like the beer test on TV on Thursday.
http://ashcustomworks.com for custom built electric guitars hand made in new zealand