What amp to buy?

Discuss the stuff that makes your ears bleed.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

Stevo
US of Fackin' A Fender
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

Post by Stevo »

Ow, watched it on the news!

Yup, no-one can bend it like Beckham! at least no-one who wants to get paid for playing!!!!!!! He gets paid HOW MUCH???

Wonder how much damage the "barmy army" inflicted on Portugal!

Oh yeah. back to topic. Think I'll pay a vist to CC in the morning! with $250 in my pocket!
We can forgive the child who is afraid of the dark, we cannot forgive the adult who is afraid of the light!

Stevo
US of Fackin' A Fender

Post by Stevo »

OK. didn't buy that gat, found a Yamaha at CC Newmarket for $245. But in very loud Yellow!! Yuk! I was disappointed in the paevey Tele as well!. So kept the money. Went into Music World (greenlane) and had a listen to a vox 30 modelling amp! Very cool thanks Zorran, variable power output, I could practice at home on it. And an output to go direct to a powered mixer! Extra cool! That makes it a very attractive option. Not a bad size either. I still wanna have a look at a Behringer too! I was thinking about the Peavey Super Chorus 212 on TM as well. It's just a little too dear, and from what I read a lot too heavy! I'm gonna be at the Rockshop Thursday night and can take my gat along with me! cool.

Thanks again guys.

PS BG. The valvestate was gone too. But I did see a Squier fat strat for $595 at CC Newmarket. Rockshop lists them at $599 NEW! So who are they kidding?
We can forgive the child who is afraid of the dark, we cannot forgive the adult who is afraid of the light!

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2264 times
Been liked: 3909 times

Post by Bg »

Think that peavey was a korean so will be made of chipboard! Was the Aria Pro II still there? Yep you have to keep your eyes peeled for the bargains - but there pricing is so variable. I thought that valvestate would go quickly, like I said - a bit tatty and in need of TLC but a lot of amp for the price.
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Stevo
US of Fackin' A Fender

Post by Stevo »

CHipboard Tele? explains why it didn't have the twang!

No worries. Keep looking cheers

Stevo
US of Fackin' A Fender

I have a new amp!

Post by Stevo »

Well guys, thanks for all the advice.

I watched, waited, listened and learned. That meant reassessing my real needs in the short to medium term.
All those amps with all those effects are very attractive, but a bit overboard. So I have a compromise I am happy with.

I bought the Behringer 30 Watt analog modelling amp. 3 amp models, + clean, hi gain, and hot, + US UK and flat speaker modelling. Ext speaker out, effects send and return, XLR out, phones.

More than enough to play with. at $219 trademe.

BTW the Behringer amps on TM are cheaper off his website!
http://www.gmp.co.nz/eshop (I think that's right)

Oh yeah, and the rest of the $500 budget? will pay for the pedal I have coming from the US + paid for a drum machine! And I have money left over.

THANKYOU THANKYOU! The forum rocks!

TMG 03
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by TMG 03 »

So they are cheaper on his web site. Or TM

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

" + US UK and flat speaker modelling"

Mate we know you only want the US of Fackin' A modelling....
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Stevo
US of Fackin' A Fender

Post by Stevo »

Yes, cheaper on the website, but with no free freight.
The GM110 lists at $188. It was $199 reserve on TM with free shipping!

The more expensive amps are even better prices! So use that website if you are looking for new amps!! Or other Behringer stuff.

A V-amp runs about $265!!!! hows that? That's NEW!

Yes of course BG, I only want the US of fackin A amp! 'cept these things are German designed, and made in China! Truly international!
You can get some interesting combinations from this thing and a strat. And some very cool stuff with humbuckers. Did I say it also had clean, hi gain and hot? thats 27 combinations before you play with drive or EQ, or tone controls on the gat! Amazing for such a low priced amp.

Only disapointment so far is having to keep the volume so low!
FECK! bring on the day!!

TMG 03
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by TMG 03 »

Which model did you get ?

Stevo
US of Fackin' A Fender

Post by Stevo »

TMG 03 wrote:Which model did you get ?
I bought the GM110, and it lists at $180 not $188 on that website.

When he confirmed the auction he sent me the URL for the website! Wish I had known of the GX110! 30 Watt digital modelling amp at $280 odd!! 99 digital effects! Cest la vie!

I had nearly been tempted by the GX212 2 x 60 Watts digital modelling amp $549 TM.
Or the GX 112 1 x 60 Watt digital modeller at $529 buy now TM but $386 on the website!!!!!!!!!! Check out that site!

Oh yeah, the guy is a player too, had a selection of guitars, several acoustics, strats on wall brackets. flying V, TWO v-amps hooked up, and a couple of amps in use! etc etc

TMG 03
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by TMG 03 »

His web site prices are all over the place and he charges $38 to ship it to NZ :?

Stevo
US of Fackin' A Fender

Post by Stevo »

Oh no. He charges to ship it IN NZ!

No worries, I'm starting to get some decent sounds outo the thing. I like the US amp model, clean and US speakers! But I guess I'll get more as I go along! The Drive control is quite sensitive, haven't had it up full yet!
And the volume....still way down low! feck!
Now when my pedal arrives!!!

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

Stevo wrote:I like the US amp model, clean and US speakers!
:lol: see above :wink:

Stevo
US of Fackin' A Fender

Post by Stevo »

Yeah dammit! US of Fackin A!!!!!

Course I'll need the Brit settings when I start on playing Beatles tunes!!!

Bring on the retro-rock!!