Fair exchange ain't no robbery

Moderator: Capt. Black

BY Mini Forklift Ⓥ
Just putting this out there to see what's around. Could possibly be tempted if something grabs my eye. I'm after either:

* Hollow Body Semi - 335 style
* An LP from the 1990's
* Natural/stripped finish LP

In terms of the swap, My LP is a 'Honeyburst'. I've upgraded few things including:

• Tailpiece swapped for an aged aluminium one
• Bridge swapped for an aged Gotoh ABR-1
• White toggle switch swapped for an amber one
• Speed knobs switched for some high quality amber top-hats
• Back cavity covers swapped for standard Gibson black ones
• Trussrod replaced with a plain one

I have all of the original parts, they have been safely stored away in the case. Value of the LP including upgrades is around the $3k mark
BY Mini Forklift Ⓥ
Alternatively, if there's anyone on here that would be able to do a professional job of stripping off the 'burst' and taking it down to a natural finish please let me know. After something like this:

BY godgrinder
Ever tried swapping the pickups? If you're trying to make it a better guitar that's much more effective than all the plastic swapping you've done.

The upgrade you'll be getting from switching to an 90's LP will be incremental at best unless you go Historic Reissues.
BY Mini Forklift Ⓥ
godgrinder wrote:Ever tried swapping the pickups? If you're trying to make it a better guitar that's much more effective than all the plastic swapping you've done.

The upgrade you'll be getting from switching to an 90's LP will be incremental at best unless you go Historic Reissues.

There’s nothing I don’t like about the guitar - it sounds killer and I’d have no reason to swap the pickups. This model has the ‘59 Tribute humbuckers which seem to be well regarded.

Just itchy feet I guess... and definitely wouldn’t mind holding onto it if there’s anybody that can strip it back to a natural finish
BY Mini Forklift Ⓥ
jvpp wrote:

Cheers, will watch that. Not sure if I am brave enough to do this myself though
BY Mini Forklift Ⓥ
Kris wrote:damn,that natural finish looks killer.

I know. GrantB is going to do the job for me ;-)
BY jeremyb
Mini Forklift Ⓥ wrote:

In good hands there!!
BY Terexgeek
jeremyb wrote:
Mini Forklift Ⓥ wrote:

In good hands there!!

I would make some crack about Grant stripping and putting a dollar in his trousers, but I feel I may need his skills at some point and I can't afford to burn that bridge...if I haven't already!!!