Fair exchange ain't no robbery

Moderator: Capt. Black

BY Conway
olegmcnoleg wrote:
Conway wrote:Would be tempted except that shade of green would clash with my PRSs.

But you could have the PRSs refinished to match...would look classy :-)

Refinished?! Gah! Wash you mouth out! :evil:
BY bender
It's available to test drives for those in Auckland. Great bedroom or recording amp, and good for small gigs too, if you don't need sparkling clean (which I do).
BY AiRdAd
bender wrote:It's available to test drives for those in Auckland.

I loved this amp when Ben played it in Hamilton for us. The thing that really surprised me was that the 10 inch speaker sounded huge in the big room we were in. When I've played amps with 10 inch speakers in big rooms before, they have sounded meh.
BY bender
AiRdAd wrote:
bender wrote:It's available to test drives for those in Auckland.

I loved this amp when Ben played it in Hamilton for us. The thing that really surprised me was that the 10 inch speaker sounded huge in the big room we were in. When I've played amps with 10 inch speakers in big rooms before, they have sounded meh.

Yeah, when I got it, Ryan and I tried a selection of different speakers (mostly 12") in it but that 10" Alnico was a real standout.
BY Bg
Yep theres something about 10" Alnico and Tweed that go together just perfectly.
BY H671
bender wrote:Anyone interested in a lush little Surf Green Tweed Tremolux made by Ryan? I'm looking for something a little more suited to surf music (ironically). Something a bit brighter/more scooped and a bit stiffer sounding like a Vox or Deluxe Reverb kind of thing. Combos only though- I'm allergic to amp heads.

You need one of these!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kx_lUJ74XSc[/youtube]
BY bender
H671 wrote:
You need one of these!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kx_lUJ74XSc[/youtube]

The other guitarist's AC15 would eat that for breakfast. :mrgreen:
BY hamo
Conway wrote:
olegmcnoleg wrote:
Conway wrote:Would be tempted except that shade of green would clash with my PRSs.

On the other hand, you'd have an excuse to buy a surf green PRS...
BY StratMatt
I now have an SSL-5 but it didn't work so great in the neck position, too hot. I should really try it in the bridge but the lil 59 works great for what I need. Anyone got a neck appropriate single coil they'd be keen to swap? SSL5 is brand new.
BY bender
hamo wrote:
Conway wrote:
olegmcnoleg wrote:

On the other hand, you'd have an excuse to buy a surf green PRS...

This is an excellent point.
BY Kris
Ive got a Vintage Filmore re-issued series in white.Refretted with jumbo's as i was gonna try to tune a bit lower but have bought a baritone so time to move it on. Generic pic from net.Just setup in standard with fresh 009s.
BY bbrunskill
Up for Trade: G2D Classic Overdrive, great pedal made in Auckland, very much an old school Marshall tone. Has a great boost function for solos. This was utterly gold with my Strat, but just doesn't play nice with my Ric. Trade for other overdrives/boost/fuzz, would love to try a Fulldrive or similar. Even a Boss SD-1 or OD3 or something
BY bender
bbrunskill wrote:Up for Trade: G2D Classic Overdrive, great pedal made in Auckland, very much an old school Marshall tone. Has a great boost function for solos. This was utterly gold with my Strat, but just doesn't play nice with my Ric. Trade for other overdrives/boost/fuzz, would love to try a Fulldrive or similar. Even a Boss SD-1 or OD3 or something

Do you have an amp these days, Ben?
BY bbrunskill
No, money was allocated else where. The Hamo Quandary.

I'm using a Tech 21 Sansamp thingamjig