Wanted ads

Moderator: Capt. Black

BY chur
Buddy of mine has a hankering for a Dimebag or Wylde Wah pedal in good condition. Said I'd ask around, so here I am.

Anyone got anything laying about they might want to move on? :thumbup:
Last edited by chur on Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
BY NippleWrestler
Just get a regular crybaby and mod it for the specs. That's all Dunlop do.

For the Wylde all you need is a 0.022uf capacitor thats rated over 18v for c5 and the red fasel inductor. The only other difference is the zakk wah uses metal film resistors, not carbon film but that shouldnt make much difference tonally.
BY chur
NippleWrestler wrote:Just get a regular crybaby and mod it for the specs. That's all Dunlop do.

For the Wylde all you need is a 0.022uf capacitor thats rated over 18v for c5 and the red fasel inductor. The only other difference is the zakk wah uses metal film resistors, not carbon film but that shouldnt make much difference tonally.

Yer I've modded some in the past, I was just trying to avoid myself work.
BY Moleman
Is it hard to mod a wah?
Mine is super scratchy and I heard that swapping out the pot would fix it but I don't want to brick the thing if I mess it up.
BY chur
Moleman wrote:Is it hard to mod a wah?
Mine is super scratchy and I heard that swapping out the pot would fix it but I don't want to brick the thing if I mess it up.

Grab a can of contact cleaner from Bunnings, Jaycar etc and give the pot a squirt with that first. Has cleared up any of my scratchy wah pots without needing to remove anything.

Modding wahs isn't hard though.
BY Danger Mouse
Also, not specifically with the pot replacement but you're dealing with analogue components, so you can't really brick a Wah. Even if you do damage it, there's plenty of people on here who could sort it out for you (fault finding and replacing components, jumpering burned tracks etc).
BY NippleWrestler

They're probably the easiest pedal to mod besides an original big muff. The board is huge, components are small and spaced out and there aren't many of them.

Stinkfoot.se has a great section on crybaby mods. I made mine true bypass with an led and modified the tone circuit so it had more of a sweet spot in the middle of the sweep.
BY chur
NippleWrestler wrote:

They're probably the easiest pedal to mod besides an original big muff. The board is huge, components are small and spaced out and there aren't many of them.

Stinkfoot.se has a great section on crybaby mods. I made mine true bypass with an led and modified the tone circuit so it had more of a sweet spot in the middle of the sweep.

Did you happen to find any good sources for inductors?
BY chur
Hollowpoint wrote:There's a dime wah at *coughs*cash converters in Papakura if you want to spend $260

Cheers, got an old Dunlop 535, so sorted for now.
BY chur
Moleman wrote:Thanks a lot for the contact cleaner tip.
Quick trip to Bunnings on the weekend and the pedal is like new.

Really appreciate it mate :)

No worries at all :thumbup: . I find mine needs it every few years depending on use. Seems like a handy tool to have around for guitar/amp pots etc also.
BY chur
chur wrote:
Hollowpoint wrote:There's a dime wah at *coughs*cash converters in Papakura if you want to spend $260

Cheers, got an old Dunlop 535, so sorted for now.

Think I might keep this for myself.. with its embossed front logo, box candy still in the original box, and nice PCB etc its a nice wah for the era. No scratchy pot either.

Also, I think it was Jimi's, says so in the red biro, and has a rig setup on the top of the box.. I believe it..

IMG_20190909_155555.jpg
IMG_20190909_155555.jpg (244.01 KiB) Viewed 21 times

IMG_20190918_175208.jpg
IMG_20190918_175208.jpg (296.62 KiB) Viewed 21 times

IMG_20190918_175220.jpg
IMG_20190918_175220.jpg (139.51 KiB) Viewed 21 times