Wanted ads

Moderator: Capt. Black

BY Zaulkin
What's out there in terms of 2x12 cabs? Or even a widebody 1x12.

Preferably light, closed back, and black. Without wheels.

Any DR Z Best cabs floating around? There was a livesound 2x12 on TM a while back...

I know about scarecrows Mesa, and I know BG makes 'em. Just curious really.
BY MogwaiBoy
I have a forum (BG?) made one that I put Eminence (Private Jack one of my fav speakers + Cannabis Rex) in. It's horizontal, black tolex, basket weave mesh, closed back, not too heavy, 8-ohm input. The tolex is really rough though, pealing away in places and I chipped off one of the corner protectors.

Since getting a Mesa vertical 2x12 for my Electra Dyne, it's just hard to justify having two 2x12s, although the Jansen 6/20 looks great sitting on top....

See if I can get pics tomozz. May not be your thing, I understand.
BY Zaulkin
MogwaiBoy wrote:I have a forum (BG?) made one that I put Eminence (Private Jack one of my fav speakers + Cannabis Rex) in. It's horizontal, black tolex, basket weave mesh, closed back, not too heavy, 8-ohm input. The tolex is really rough though, pealing away in places and I chipped off one of the corner protectors.

Since getting a Mesa vertical 2x12 for my Electra Dyne, it's just hard to justify having two 2x12s, although the Jansen 6/20 looks great sitting on top....

Well I am a picky bastard. ;) Not sure about basketweave but do fire me a pic or two.
BY Bg
MogwaiBoy wrote:I have a forum (BG?) made one that I put Eminence (Private Jack one of my fav speakers + Cannabis Rex) in. It's horizontal, black tolex, basket weave mesh, closed back, not too heavy, 8-ohm input. The tolex is really rough though, pealing away in places and I chipped off one of the corner protectors.

That'll be one of those ones that DC made.
BY Bg
Zaulkin wrote:

Well I am a picky bastard. ;) Not sure about basketweave but do fire me a pic or two.

Happy to recover and put some proper grill cloth on that for you :D
BY StratMatt
I think MisterB still has his THD cab for sale. Awesome cab, lightweight and sounds huge.
BY Zaulkin
StratMatt wrote:I think MisterB still has his THD cab for sale. Awesome cab, lightweight and sounds huge.

Cheers for this. Is there a link to it anywhere?
BY StratMatt
Zaulkin wrote:
StratMatt wrote:I think MisterB still has his THD cab for sale. Awesome cab, lightweight and sounds huge.

Pm'd ya.
BY StratMatt
el byrdo wrote:https://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=2309757168

Road trip!
BY el byrdo
StratMatt wrote:

Road trip!

LOL yeah I get that nelson is buttfuck nowhere to most people

But I COULD do a deal on the minty 1940 jensen PM12c as a package deal.

Pretty sure the celestion and jensen would go together... two awesomes should equal double awesome, right? :?:
BY Bg
el byrdo wrote:
StratMatt wrote:

Road trip!

LOL yeah I get that nelson is buttfuck nowhere to most people

But I COULD do a deal on the minty 1940 jensen PM12c as a package deal.

Pretty sure the celestion and jensen would go together... two awesomes should equal double awesome, right? :?:

Depends entirely whether they are a match on sensitivity - which is seriously doubtful, the Jensen would be completely swamped.

Also whats happening with your sales? Complaints received. Maybe you sort that before you try and sell anything else here.
BY Slowy
Zaulkin wrote:

Molly's THD is my old one. I really rate them. You could do very much worse.