Wanted ads

Moderator: Capt. Black

BY Danger Mouse
What does an LP sound like, though? In my experience (including spending a large chunk of an afternoon in a guitar shop in the UK, working through their impressive stock of VOS and re-issue LPs), there's plenty of variation in how they sound and play. I can pick how one should sound, according to my tastes and ears, but certainly not all do.
BY slash-ed
Terexgeek wrote:
willow13 wrote:
Molly wrote:
I'm not sure I could tell the difference between a Les Paul and, say, a PRS SC (assuming they had the same pickups). Can't be that much tonal difference can there?

I talking about sound as in vibe tone :rofl: ... There is just "something" you get from a les paul that you don't get from any other single (well none of the ones I have tried anyway). Yes it could be a type of placebo on my part but it is there none the less ... and I don't even like les pauls, but when I pick one up it just instantly says this is rock n fucking roll :rofl:

Slash sounded pretty good on AFD and that was a replica.

A replica of a Les Paul, rather than a singlecut style guitar with different scale length, neck angle, bridge, and so on and so forth.

The Derrig and Max LPs might as well have been custom shop Historics. It's not really an argument for non-LP singlecuts.
BY Terexgeek
slash-ed wrote:
Terexgeek wrote:
willow13 wrote:
I talking about sound as in vibe tone :rofl: ... There is just "something" you get from a les paul that you don't get from any other single (well none of the ones I have tried anyway). Yes it could be a type of placebo on my part but it is there none the less ... and I don't even like les pauls, but when I pick one up it just instantly says this is rock n fucking roll :rofl:

Slash sounded pretty good on AFD and that was a replica.

A replica of a Les Paul, rather than a singlecut style guitar with different scale length, neck angle, bridge, and so on and so forth.

The Derrig and Max LPs might as well have been custom shop Historics. It's not really an argument for non-LP singlecuts.

I was commenting after this exchange:
willow13 wrote:
jeremyb wrote:You could get a much better single cut in that price range if you concentrate less on the headstock logo :mrgreen:

and yet none of them will sound like a les paul ... thats just fact

Which Mr Slash renders bollocks.
BY DongHua
All my PRS singlecuts sounds like fucking a dead hooker with stink pussy. Just dead as fuck. Wasted too much time hunting down the right pickup to save them, beautiful flawless guitars I must say.

My R7R8R9 all sounds alive, my riffs actually breathes through the speaker cab. I can easily tell the different as a high-gain player.

Clean tone wise, I don’t switch my amp to clean channel so no comments.
BY Terexgeek
I just find myself vaguely curious as to why the odour of a dead prostitute's vagina would concern anyone, if you are in the presence of said deceased prostitute surely you have other concerns rather than the olfactory effect of the genital region?

Sorry, I just missed the points following that.
BY GrantB
I lol'd
Terexgeek wrote:I just find myself vaguely curious as to why the odour of a dead prostitute's vagina would concern anyone, if you are in the presence of said deceased prostitute surely you have other concerns rather than the olfactory effect of the genital region?

Sorry, I just missed the points following that.

Getting as far away as possible before the law arrived being primary. :lolno:
BY Molly
Conway wrote:I'm not sure why I'm even reading this thread, but it's just become even more offensive on this page...

I guess some guys just don't like PRS.

Back to the off-topic. For me the LP's main advantage over other SC guitars is that they, just occasionally, look like this:

60th Anniversary R9.
BY willow13
Terexgeek wrote:Slash sounded pretty good on AFD and that was a replica.

for me slash's tone has always been a bit shit..way to fizzy (which is more a marshall thing than a guitar thing)

any way I personally think a gibson les paul has a sound that no other guitars I have ever play do. Yeah I'm sure there are a million guitars that are way better value for money but nothing SCREAMS RnR like a Gibson les paul...that IS fact...even your mate Slash would say that

either way strats are better :thumbup:
BY DongHua
Conway wrote:I'm not sure why I'm even reading this thread, but it's just become even more offensive on this page...

Please don’t be sir. Remember I am at lower tier of PRS game, so I my personal experience is very limited. And I love them but feel cheated as they sounds nothing like Les Paul as I was hoping.

Take it easy sir and peace out.
BY Molly
DongHua wrote:

Please don’t be sir. Remember I am at lower tier of PRS game, so I my personal experience is very limited. And I love them but feel cheated as they sounds nothing like Les Paul as I was hoping.

Take it easy sir and peace out.

Yeah, I don't think it was that. A tiger's vagina is one thing but the dead hooker reference was pushing the boundaries of good taste.