Wanted ads

Moderator: Capt. Black

codedog wrote:Jim, I'm pretty sure I have seen an FB profile with the name Mini Forklift and photos on it. Did you use to have one? If not, who created that one?

Yeah probably me. I think I still have an account but haven’t logged into FB for years, I don’t use any social media apart from this forum lol
codedog wrote:Hmm... that's Ed's closed FB group... you may not be able to see it.

Yeah didn’t work unfortunately, thanks though!
BY KNNZ
Mini Forklift Ⓥ wrote:
Zaulkin wrote:That belongs to KNNZ on here. It looks lovely.

He didn’t tell me about that one ?! No I’m not on Facebook - guess I can always PM him ;-)

sorry it fell short of the high $3k range :lol: and also it is NOT old in my opinion! I thought you were looking at 70s or 80s old, to me 2000 onwards are new Gibsons and a Standard I would have thought wouldnt be much different from your Traditional? anyways here's a pic of it

MrDINO wrote:I have an R4 oxblood if interested

PM’d
Work payout is looking good, should be able to extend to the $4-4.5k range if that opens up any other options :-)
BY AiRdAd
what about the black custom that Chris B had on sale here a while back? Is that still around?
BY willow13
jeremyb wrote:You could get a much better single cut in that price range if you concentrate less on the headstock logo :mrgreen:

and yet none of them will sound like a les paul ... thats just fact
BY Molly
willow13 wrote:
jeremyb wrote:You could get a much better single cut in that price range if you concentrate less on the headstock logo :mrgreen:

I'm not sure I could tell the difference between a Les Paul and, say, a PRS SC (assuming they had the same pickups). Can't be that much tonal difference can there?

Would you be tempted by a PRS, Jim?
BY willow13
Molly wrote:
willow13 wrote:

I'm not sure I could tell the difference between a Les Paul and, say, a PRS SC (assuming they had the same pickups). Can't be that much tonal difference can there?

I talking about sound as in vibe tone :rofl: ... There is just "something" you get from a les paul that you don't get from any other single (well none of the ones I have tried anyway). Yes it could be a type of placebo on my part but it is there none the less ... and I don't even like les pauls, but when I pick one up it just instantly says this is rock n fucking roll :rofl:
BY jeremyb
Let's be real there's no reason why a chunk of similar wood with similar pickups won't sound exactly the same, and there are better quality variants out there, if you want Gibson on the headstock then that's fine, was just stirring a bit... but if you want a better all round guitar, they are out there ;)
BY Terexgeek
willow13 wrote:
Molly wrote:
willow13 wrote:

I talking about sound as in vibe tone :rofl: ... There is just "something" you get from a les paul that you don't get from any other single (well none of the ones I have tried anyway). Yes it could be a type of placebo on my part but it is there none the less ... and I don't even like les pauls, but when I pick one up it just instantly says this is rock n fucking roll :rofl:

Slash sounded pretty good on AFD and that was a replica.
BY Terexgeek
Terexgeek wrote:
willow13 wrote:
Molly wrote:

Slash sounded pretty good on AFD and that was a replica.

Doesn't he have a job with Gibson too??? What is it again...um....oh yeah, Gibson Ambassador. Didn't hurt his career too much it seems.
Molly wrote:Would you be tempted by a PRS, Jim?

Probably not. I can appreciate their quality but for whatever reason they don't really do much to excite me oo er.

It doesn't necessarily have to have Gibson on the head stock, in fact I have been looking at a few rather nice Tokai's (had one of their LP's before and it was a stunning guitar) as well as some OBG's (Orville by Gibson). There's a couple of early-mid 90's LPS-59 1959 Re-Issue's on Reverb I'm watching at the moment.
FWIW I had actually PM'd MrDino to take his Oxblood R4 off his hands, but unfortunately he has had a change of mind. All good though. I like the idea that you don't find the right guitar, it finds you :-)
BY godgrinder
Molly wrote:I'm not sure I could tell the difference between a Les Paul and, say, a PRS SC (assuming they had the same pickups). Can't be that much tonal difference can there?

The problem I have with PRS in general is that it seems like too much of the money are going towards nice maple tops instead of nice mahogany. Especially for a lot of modern stuff, you see a gorgeous maple top then you flip it over and see shitty african mahogany.

Add in scale length difference and thinner body, they really don't sound like LP that much.