Wanted ads

Moderator: Capt. Black

BY jeremyb
Mini Forklift Ⓥ wrote:
jeremyb wrote:Have you played it?

Nope, not yet. That would take the fun out of it :crazy:

I hope it's cheap then!!
slash-ed wrote:Haha I hope your new guitar rocks, but I can't believe that after 7 pages of people telling you to buy a Historic you ended up buying not a Gibson, with a not normal for LP top :lol:

It looks great though. And of course, Tokais are Gibson killers ;)

Thanks man. In my defence I did offer to buy the Oxblood R4 ;-)
jeremyb wrote:
Mini Forklift Ⓥ wrote:
jeremyb wrote:Have you played it?

Nope, not yet. That would take the fun out of it :crazy:

I hope it's cheap then!!

1/3 off RRP and free shipping
BY Polar Bear
slash-ed wrote:Haha I hope your new guitar rocks, but I can't believe that after 7 pages of people telling you to buy a Historic you ended up buying not a Gibson, with a not normal for LP top :lol:

You’ve been to this forum before, right??
BY Bg
Polar Bear wrote:

The dazza is strong in this one.....
BY matman
Bg wrote:
Polar Bear wrote:

Not really...only one thread and he actually bought something!
BY matman
matman wrote:
Bg wrote:
Polar Bear wrote:You’ve been to this forum before, right??

...though I can't comment on his red wine consumption levels
BY Bg
matman wrote:
Bg wrote:
Polar Bear wrote:You’ve been to this forum before, right??

and yet ignored all advice ;)
BY mrmofo
DongHua wrote:
Conway wrote:I'm not sure why I'm even reading this thread, but it's just become even more offensive on this page...

Please don’t be sir. Remember I am at lower tier of PRS game, so I my personal experience is very limited. And I love them but feel cheated as they sounds nothing like Les Paul as I was hoping.

Take it easy sir and peace out.

why? different scale length on the normal SC, plus a 22 fret PRS is a massive compromise in tone from a real PRS with 24 frets. scale length = tonal character imo
Bg wrote:and yet ignored all advice ;)

Hahahaha. In all honestly I took onboard what everyone was telling me, in fact once the posts started coming up regarding Historic's and the like that's what I actually started looking for. I probably should be sat at home now with an R4 hanging round my neck and my wife bringing me a beer from the fridge :thumbup:

I'd had my eyes on that Tokai for a while; the price was right so I jumped on it. I've had a Tokai before (was only an LS60) and it was a great guitar - I even emailed the guy I sold it to but he wasn't wanting to sell it back to me! So I'm sure this one will be a good one too going by the specs and what info I could gather on it. Also the bonus of having a spare $2k in the hand, so I can either afford to indulge in a few other things or keep it aside for a 'real' high-end Gibson later in the year
AiRdAd wrote:Did I tell you I'm going to sell my one? Just joking :-)

LOL. If you did I would cancel the Tokai and give you a call this arvo :wink:
BY godgrinder
Interested to hear what you think about it sound-wise compared to your Trad. Considering it has khaya/african mahogany (VS swietenia macrophylla/genuine mahogany on your Trad). Is it nitro finish or poly?
godgrinder wrote:Interested to hear what you think about it sound-wise compared to your Trad. Considering it has khaya/african mahogany (VS swietenia macrophylla/genuine mahogany on your Trad). Is it nitro finish or poly?

I'll post up how it compares for sure. The finish is nitrocellulose laquer :thumbup: