Wanted ads

Moderator: Capt. Black

Any for sale pls? :clap:
Thank you,
Bollix
Auckland
Kiwiaxe wrote:I don’t want people coming in to then use the forum to try to sell us stuff - but if someone wants to come on and try to buy our stuff then that feels to me like a wonderful thing!

Nah. Buying and selling is a side effect of the forum. A by product. This isn’t a buy and sell page with a bit of discussion on the side. It’s supposed to be a community type venture.
Ergo, shouldn’t be able to buy or sell til you’re ONE OF US.

/2 cents
I'm on Kiwiaxe's side, dumping any old rubbish on here without being part of the community is a no no, but I don't see the point of effectively limiting the sales audience of members by saying only long standing members can place wanted ads.

There's plenty of for sale and wanted stuff going on within these pages, hardly a by product, plus it might mean new purchasers become new members.
Danger Mouse wrote:I'm on Kiwiaxe's side, dumping any old rubbish on here without being part of the community is a no no, but I don't see the point of effectively limiting the sales audience of members by saying only long standing members can place wanted ads.

There's plenty of for sale and wanted stuff going on within these pages, hardly a by product, plus it might mean new purchasers become new members.

Which is why I never added wanted ads to the rules in the first place. Happy to have my mind changed by a consensus.
Danger Mouse wrote:I'm on Kiwiaxe's side, dumping any old rubbish on here without being part of the community is a no no, but I don't see the point of effectively limiting the sales audience of members by saying only long standing members can place wanted ads.

Agreed with Danger Mouse! also on Kiwiaxe's side