Wanted ads

Moderator: Capt. Black

BY sirvill
Long shot - anyone selling a baritone guitar?

26.5"/27" scale rather than 30" please.

This is for drop A doom metal stuff so more metal focused rather than a Danelectro or something (but TBH I'd consider anything with humbuckers)
BY godgrinder
Don't discount single coils. Low tuning with high output SC rips. Just get your noise gate ready.
BY sirvill
Actually yes I should keep an open mind... the guy I'm jamming with is using a Strat deluxe with lace sensors, which sounds totally fine.

Fuck it - bring on the Hodads
BY sirvill
Darth Sabbathi wrote:Don't do it. Short scale is more doom. Baritone = too toight. That was my experience anyway...

Yeah maybe I need to up it to 13s before I decide (12s just a bit floppy for Drop A :( )
BY Darth Sabbathi
sirvill wrote:
Darth Sabbathi wrote:Don't do it. Short scale is more doom. Baritone = too toight. That was my experience anyway...

Yeah maybe I need to up it to 13s before I decide (12s just a bit floppy for Drop A :( )

Yeah, you'll need something pretty chunky for the bottom string for sure. I use .54 gauge for B standard and occasionally drop A. .56 would probably be better for A.
BY sirvill
Yeah, rolling 12-54 right now which is fine for Drop B, but yeah will try one up.

Or just embrace the spaghetti haha
BY godgrinder

There are 2 schools on this I think.

The stoner guys can pull drop A or even G with 24.75" because intonation hardly matters with that much fuzz going on.

The post metal guys seem to be moving onto longer scales since they often play something else other than power chord and single notes and that clarity helps.
BY Green Bastard
sirvill wrote:Yeah, rolling 12-54 right now which is fine for Drop B, but yeah will try one up.

Or just embrace the spaghetti haha

Theres a set of D'addarios i really like that are 11-56. i only go drop C but like the tension with these. If you normally use 54's they could be good. My issue with a lot of 54~56 gauges is the thick as fuck G, but the Daddarios have a 19 or something still relatively light.
BY sirvill
Yeah I do like D'Addario generally, got their 12s at the moment. I'll keep an eye out for the 11-56

And yeah the stuff I'm jamming out at the moment is closer to Pallbearer, so the clarity could actually be super useful. Hmmm...