Wanted ads

Moderator: Capt. Black

BY chur
Hey all,

Soo... the Peavey Triumph 60 combo I got from Tardme for sub $100 worked, the exterior is fine, but the guts really is very tired once pulled apart. Also people have done horrid things to it re mods, it makes my eyes bleed. I toyed with the idea of throwing in the wardrobe for a rainy day, or flipping it again, but decided I'd have a crack at an overhaul and putting it back to mostly stock except the tone stack mod. If I munt it, I'm not invested heavily into it and who knows it might turn out o.k.

I've ordered replacement electrolytics, as the existing are mostly old, bulging and leaky, but the 6L6GC's in it were kinda sad looking too, and miles apart re current consumption when tested.

Therefore, keeping in mind a cheap project, anyone have a matched pair of used/cheap 6L6GC's laying about needing a home?

Anything considered, cheaper the better for this project :thumbup:
BY Optical
If you're interested I have a set of circuit boards from a triumph 60 lying around.
I think the boards are unmodified and no obvious faults apart from the psu board full of bulging caps like yours.
Let me know if of any interest
BY chur
JHorner wrote:How cheap is cheap?

https://www.trademe.co.nz/a.asp?id=1998311506

That's probably slightly more than I had in my head, but defo something I'll bid on towards the end of auction if they don't go for nutz money given they are new and with shipping. They sound like a good deal for 75 bucks!
BY chur
Optical wrote:If you're interested I have a set of circuit boards from a triumph 60 lying around.
I think the boards are unmodified and no obvious faults apart from the psu board full of bulging caps like yours.
Let me know if of any interest

I might be, if for no other reason than to compile a combo made up of the 'best of' PCB's. My preamp pcb is the one someone has cut tracks on which is kinda annoying. (but fixable)
Do your PCB's still have the ribbon cables that connect them?
BY chur
Hmm well the Triumph is up and running, even easier thanks to Opticals spare PCB's :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: . All recapped, channel switching and modded. I point to point wired some of it to get rid of the crappy looms between the power supply/power tube PCB and preamp board.

I did however forget about buying the 6L6GC's, and the ones in it are kinda sad. Anyone got any laying about they might want to move on? These ones still have the Peavey logo on em, so assume they are from 1989..
BY Jehu
I've got a pair of Mesa 6L6's that were in my Deville when I bought it 3-4 years ago, and who knows how long before that. I replaced them with new JJ's a few months ago; the Mesa's seemed to be working fine, but "it just felt like time".

Anyway, you're welcome to them if you want.
BY chur
Jehu wrote:I've got a pair of Mesa 6L6's that were in my Deville when I bought it 3-4 years ago, and who knows how long before that. I replaced them with new JJ's a few months ago; the Mesa's seemed to be working fine, but "it just felt like time".

Anyway, you're welcome to them if you want.

PM'ed