Wanted ads

Moderator: Capt. Black

Right so with me not having much luck sourcing a LPC I like, I figured I'd see what else is out there. I'm moving away from thin necked shreddy things, so please none of those.

What I'm interested in- Fender USA, AVRI, Custom Shops, Strats/Teles etc. Gibson USA's, Custom shops, PRS.
I respect your quest for brand name guitars but just wonder if you have given thought to high quality japanese guitars such as Ibanez, Burny, Yamaha, etc. Most of these brands did make the equivalent of a Custom LP with an ebony fretboard. Just saying...
jvpp wrote:I respect your quest for brand name guitars but just wonder if you have given thought to high quality japanese guitars such as Ibanez, Burny, Yamaha, etc. Most of these brands did make the equivalent of a Custom LP with an ebony fretboard. Just saying...

The tricky part is that Japanese LP's use poly finish (instead of nitro) and mostly other types of mahogany (instead of Swietenia macrophylla). Add in other things like 24 frets and bevel cut it basically becomes something else sound-wise.

And CB probably had more Ibanez's than most of us...
godgrinder wrote:
jvpp wrote:I respect your quest for brand name guitars but just wonder if you have given thought to high quality japanese guitars such as Ibanez, Burny, Yamaha, etc. Most of these brands did make the equivalent of a Custom LP with an ebony fretboard. Just saying...

The tricky part is that Japanese LP's use poly finish (instead of nitro) and mostly other types of mahogany (instead of Swietenia macrophylla). Add in other things like 24 frets and bevel cut it basically becomes something else sound-wise.

And CB probably had more Ibanez's than most of us...

So true man, plus I have to think of re-sale too. It's alright finding those copies for half the price but they will most likely be much harder to on sell than anything Gibson or Fender. I can't for the life of me shift my Ibanez, and it's more than generously priced. No one want's them.
NippleWrestler wrote:Just FYI my Orville by Gibson is a nitro finish...

I was lusting after an Orville just a few months back!

Good luck with the hunt Chris, you would think there’d be a number of options put your way.
MrDINO wrote:https://imgur.com/a/f7AYuVX

Here are more photos Chris
It’s a guitar which has plenty of bumps and chips which make it a naturally relict one over its existence so far. I like it that way. This was owned by Grant and Bender so is known on the forum.

Jeez, I love this guitar....hmmm....