Wanted ads

Moderator: Capt. Black

BY Molly
Fred wrote:Any one got a Fender 2 button foot switch lying around they are keen to part with?

Such a pain to find I ended up having to make one but at least that way you get to use a decent quality TRS cable.
BY Fred
Molly wrote:
Fred wrote:Any one got a Fender 2 button foot switch lying around they are keen to part with?

Such a pain to find I ended up having to make one but at least that way you get to use a decent quality TRS cable.

Yup haven't had any luck getting one. Are you perhaps able to share a schematic or even some pictures of how you built it? I think I will just go the same route and build one.
BY jeremyb
It's pretty straight forward, two switches, Sleeve of the TRS goes to each switch, then Tip goes to other side of one switch, Ring to the other switch, job done!

Or you could spend a ton and get one from Fender NZ: https://fendershop.co.nz/?s=footswitch&submit=Search
BY Fred
jeremyb wrote:It's pretty straight forward, two switches, Sleeve of the TRS goes to each switch, then Tip goes to other side of one switch, Ring to the other switch, job done!

Or you could spend a ton and get one from Fender NZ: https://fendershop.co.nz/?s=footswitch&submit=Search

These are a pain as they are not TRS, only TS that controls both effects and channel select, hence why I am asking the question on how Molly built his. I have found some schematics online but it would be useful to get some input from someone who actually built on.
BY jeremyb
Fred wrote:
jeremyb wrote:It's pretty straight forward, two switches, Sleeve of the TRS goes to each switch, then Tip goes to other side of one switch, Ring to the other switch, job done!

These are a pain as they are not TRS, only TS that controls both effects and channel select, hence why I am asking the question on how Molly built his. I have found some schematics online but it would be useful to get some input from someone who actually built on.

Nah check out the vintage 2 button one, it's TRS :)
BY Fred
jeremyb wrote:
Fred wrote:

Yup, well aware one get TRS, but some are TS. The one I am after is TS, definitely not TRS.
BY Molly
Fred wrote:
jeremyb wrote:
Fred wrote:These are a pain as they are not TRS, only TS that controls both effects and channel select, hence why I am asking the question on how Molly built his. I have found some schematics online but it would be useful to get some input from someone who actually built on.

Yup, well aware one get TRS, but some are TS. The one I am after is TS, definitely not TRS.

Hmm. I'm probably not the best to ask as I just went with Tip + Sleeve and Ring + Sleeve. There are guys on here who know their stuff so if you've anything more complicated than that in mind I'm sure they will chime-in.
BY jeremyb
Fred wrote:
jeremyb wrote:
Fred wrote:These are a pain as they are not TRS, only TS that controls both effects and channel select, hence why I am asking the question on how Molly built his. I have found some schematics online but it would be useful to get some input from someone who actually built on.

Oops sorry, misread your post :(