Wanted ads

Moderator: Capt. Black

BY Conway
opsguy wrote:I can’t take that off your hands Conway, I know how much it means to you! Appreciate the offer though.

I would offer to swap with your Silver Sky, but I just can't be having a cheap PRS with a scarf joint.
BY GrantB
That guitar is the metaphor for everything that was Henry Juszkiewicz.
BY GrantB
opsguy wrote:No luck with getting a V locally so let’s try for a Firebird. Hard tail, not trem, vintage sunburst, white or black. Anyone?

How about nothing you've asked for?

Vintage 1964 Firebird III, in red, not hard tail, modified for ThroBak MXV101+'s.

Or if you can wait a couple of months...

100% original bicentennial Firebird, hard tail, in black.

BY Terexgeek
Danger Mouse wrote:
Terexgeek wrote:
Conway wrote:Image

That's fucking hideous, sometimes time mellows design shock (like the flame BMW 5 series) but that? Yeah, nah.

Agreed. And what the feck is going on with the Buck Rogers volume/tone/selector knob?

It's like an amateur electronics enthusiast ate a book of Guitar projects and vomited all over it.
BY Terexgeek
GrantB wrote:That guitar is the metaphor for everything that was Henry Juszkiewicz.

Living proof you can't fool all of the people all of the time!
BY Terexgeek
GrantB wrote:
opsguy wrote:No luck with getting a V locally so let’s try for a Firebird. Hard tail, not trem, vintage sunburst, white or black. Anyone?

How about nothing you've asked for?

Vintage 1964 Firebird III, in red, not hard tail, modified for ThroBak MXV101+'s.

Or if you can wait a couple of months...

100% original bicentennial Firebird, hard tail, in black.

I vote yes, every time I have heard one it has sounded sublime. Kevin Borich playing slide on one at Mountain Rock was a revelation!
BY GrantB
AiRdAd wrote:You probably already seen this Phil

https://www.trademe.co.nz/music-instrum ... df55a15867

This might be a forum members guitar. I wonder why Gibson thought that's what a '64 Sunburst looked like that at the sides. Very strange. Top looks rad.
BY Molly
The Firebird I bought from Grant had the most sublime neck pickup tone. The guitars themselves are a bit unwieldy for me but that one really did sound wonderful.

Saw a cheapish, newish SG the other day which appeared to have Firebird pickups. Can't be sure as I believe the internals are different to regular Gibson mini humbuckers. Be cool if it did though.

http://www.fretsguitarcentre.co.uk/cont ... atin-(2018).html
BY JHorner
el byrdo wrote:Whos got that Bacchus V? that was epic when I had it, so honky!

Would quite like to know the answer to this... and also if there is a dibs queue...
BY kdawg2a
JHorner wrote:
el byrdo wrote:Whos got that Bacchus V? that was epic when I had it, so honky!

Would quite like to know the answer to this... and also if there is a dibs queue...

It's MINE!!!!!!!!