Wanted ads

Moderator: Capt. Black

BY Mattallica
Looking for a quick set of replacement valves to keep me moving, what have you got? any amp techs who might carry such types?

Do i need matched valves if each valve can be biased individually?
sizzlingbadger wrote:
Mattallica wrote:Do i need matched valves if each valve can be biased individually?

Short answer - No

What's the long answer? do they even need to be the same type then? such as two 6L6 & two EL34
Mattallica wrote:What's the long answer? do they even need to be the same type then? such as two 6L6 & two EL34

:D You could mix tube types if you liked, I expect it would sound better if you make each side of the push-pull circuit the same though. EL34's in the middle two tubes and 6L6's on the outside two tubes for example.
sizzlingbadger wrote:
Mattallica wrote:What's the long answer? do they even need to be the same type then? such as two 6L6 & two EL34

:D You could mix tube types if you liked, I expect it would sound better if you make each side of the push-pull circuit the same though. EL34's in the middle two tubes and 6L6's on the outside two tubes for example.

Sweet! Should be easier to find a couple pair of those rather than the ones in the OP