Wanted ads

Moderator: Capt. Black

BY Mini Forklift Ⓥ
Something like the Katana 50w would be fine, went into my local Rockshop today to grab one but there's none in the South Island at the moment. So just looking to see if there's anything out there at the moment? Basically wanting something to use as a pedal platform for the Boss GT-1. Ideally in Christchurch or thereabouts as it's probably not worth paying too much in shipping for something that's sub $500.

Chur y'all :wave:
Last edited by Mini Forklift Ⓥ on Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
BY Delayman
Have you thought about a powered speaker? How good are the GT-1's amp emulations etc?
BY Mini Forklift Ⓥ
Delayman wrote:Have you thought about a powered speaker? How good are the GT-1's amp emulations etc?

Thought about it (albeit briefly), but figured an amp would be a better bet in case I end up selling the effects Unit.
BY Jake
Mini Forklift Ⓥ wrote:Something like the Katana 50w would be fine, went into my local Rockshop today to grab one but there's none in the South Island at the moment. So just looking to see if there's anything out there at the moment? Basically wanting something to use as a pedal platform for the Boss GT-1. Ideally in Christchurch or thereabouts as it's probably not worth paying too much in shipping for something that's sub $500.

Chur y'all :wave:

If there's some in the country, RS should be able to sort you one about a week and a half?
BY Shimmer
Candeevr4 wrote:
Shimmer wrote:What about the VOX mv50 Clean with speaker cab?

That what I thought he currently has?

Oh - sorry - I had no idea...
BY Candeevr4
Shimmer wrote:Oh - sorry - I had no idea...

Its all good, just wondering why he needs something else when he has that. Thats the setup i want to run with my line 6...
BY codedog
Candeevr4 wrote:
Shimmer wrote:Oh - sorry - I had no idea...

Its all good, just wondering why he needs something else when he has that. Thats the setup i want to run with my line 6...

I'm wondering why you guys are asking why...
BY StratMatt
If you did want to go the FRFR route I could do you an Alto TS210 for a pretty sharp price.
BY Mini Forklift Ⓥ
StratMatt wrote:If you did want to go the FRFR route I could do you an Alto TS210 for a pretty sharp price.

I don’t even know what FRFR stands for lol
BY chur
Mini Forklift Ⓥ wrote:
StratMatt wrote:If you did want to go the FRFR route I could do you an Alto TS210 for a pretty sharp price.

I don’t even know what FRFR stands for lol

Full-range, flat-response. The speaker character then comes from the modeler, IR, CAB sim etc you run into it.

What route did you go?