Wanted ads

Moderator: Capt. Black

BY Terexgeek
Mini Forklift Ⓥ wrote:Finished. Decided to take it a little further with the aging of the tailpiece studs and quite happy with where it's at now :)

FWIW if anyone's interested the bridge is a Gotoh aged ABR-1 and the tailpiece is an aged aluminium one by Q-Parts.

Looks great, except that pick-up cover looks REALLY new...
BY Mini Forklift Ⓥ
Lostininverness wrote:How do you find the aluminium tailpiece? Assume that its different material from the original?

Yeah, not sure what the original is made of but the aluminium is extremely lightweight. The lighter the better from what I have read, as well as it being more 50's/60's correct (supposedly).
BY Mini Forklift Ⓥ
Terexgeek wrote:Looks great, except that pick-up cover looks REALLY new...

Working on that! I did actually acquire some old nickel covers but haven't got round to putting them on to see how they look, maybe next string change. Just playing the thing lots and not being too fussy with it should bring the pickup covers a little closer to the rest of the 'silverware' :)
BY Mini Forklift Ⓥ
BTW I now have two spare sets that didn't fit my guitar, flick me a message if anyone wants them...

This set only cost me about $10, free if there's anyone wanting them

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Stop-Tailpiece-Studs-Anchors-For-Gibson-AGED-NICKEL/391944314022?_trksid=p2485497.m4902.l9144

I ordered these in from the States, aged nickel and they are meant to fit a USA Gibson Les Paul. This set cost me $40, PM me if interested :thumbup: