Wanted ads

Moderator: Capt. Black

I just bought some relic’d ones to replace my super-shiny ones, however annoyingly they don’t fit the holes.

Anybody have a couple of these?
Last edited by Mini Forklift Ⓥ on Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:47 pm, edited 3 times in total.
JHorner wrote:For mounting which part?

You only need 2???

Hmmm, apologies if I’ve called them by the wrong name. The two bolt-like screws that the tailpiece slot into.
JHorner wrote:Ah, tailpiece mounting studs.

Sorry, none found in parts drawer.

Cheers for looking anyway
Still looking, anybody have an old spare pair? Happy to pay and/or at the very least cover postage, I'm after an old or non-shiny pair of these :thumbup:

Thanks
Thanks guys. I’ve just ordered some and was gonna have a go at aging them, I don’t even know if what size the ones are in my LP but I’m assuming they’re just standard?
Voxshall wrote:I think I have some, somewhere will have a look

Cheers, flick me a PM if you did find them.
Bg wrote:I can relic them for you if you want...

Thanks Bg, did you have some old ones lying around you can dull up a bit? No worries if not, I’ll have a go with the ones I have coming and if that fails I can send a pair up to you with a New World voucher for some beersies ;-)
Bg wrote:I have some from an epiphone, not sure the thread is the same.

Not sure either. Your call, I’ll take you up on your offer but only if they’re spares and you don’t need them.
Mini Forklift Ⓥ wrote:Thanks guys. I’ve just ordered some and was gonna have a go at aging them, I don’t even know if what size the ones are in my LP but I’m assuming they’re just standard?

Okay, so after ordering two pairs and neither fitted I decided to take the bulls by the horns and have a go myself.

Opted for some light aging which I achieved by soaking in a combination of ammonia/beer/urine (my own) :sick: Then out into the sunshine for a couple of days with a bit of rain to clean them off. Subtly done but does look a lot better now that the shine has gone from them...

BY Mini Forklift Ⓥ
Finished. Decided to take it a little further with the aging of the tailpiece studs and quite happy with where it's at now :)

FWIW if anyone's interested the bridge is a Gotoh aged ABR-1 and the tailpiece is an aged aluminium one by Q-Parts.