Wanted ads

Moderator: Capt. Black

BY Molly
Kiwiaxe wrote:This thread is bad for me. Its made me look at reverb.com for Suhr Moderns (because I'm in the States in a few weeks' time, so can avoid shipping and GST etc) and there's some rather tasty ones that could be mine for approx $3750. Because we all know that 2 moderns are not enough...

Well, you know I'll help you dispose of the ex-Troy one...
BY Kiwiaxe
That's a great guitar too! In many ways it should be superseded by my Xotic XSC2 (which is mind-blowingly good), both being a medium relic HSS roasted maple neck etc. But I still find myself playing both.

I guess buying guitars is still a cheaper addiction than coke...
BY Conway
Kiwiaxe wrote:That's a great guitar too! In many ways it should be superseded by my Xotic XSC2 (which is mind-blowingly good), both being a medium relic HSS roasted maple neck etc. But I still find myself playing both.

LOLZ. I find it's very easy to keep buying when you keep selling as well. Molly will agree. :wink:
BY Molly
Conway wrote:
Kiwiaxe wrote:That's a great guitar too! In many ways it should be superseded by my Xotic XSC2 (which is mind-blowingly good), both being a medium relic HSS roasted maple neck etc. But I still find myself playing both.

LOLZ. I find it's very easy to keep buying when you keep selling as well. Molly will agree. :wink:

Yep. I'm happy to be where I am in the food chain.
BY Zaulkin
Molly wrote:
Zaulkin wrote:
Yes. :)

Ah. That's your Suhr then? Think I knew that. Any bites?

There's been some interest but I haven't closed anything yet. Some guy got rather upset when I declined him a viewing due to his terrible feedback. He says he's the biggest guitar collector in Australasia and that I've missed out. ...I'm guessing that's a bit of hyperbole.

I'm asking $5k outside of trademe. Every time I look at it I have second thoughts about selling though!

Could be interested in a part trade for an AX-8 or Port City Pearl head. Can't really think of anything else I want, trying to consolidate.
BY Zaulkin

I need to try that Xotic! What's the ballpark? Does it sound more traditional/stratty than a Suhr Strat?
BY Kiwiaxe
Price is in Suhr Antique Classic territory. More traditional stratty than a Suhr Classic Pro, about the same as my Classic Antique - but slightly rounder neck and feels slightly more vintage than Suhr