Wanted ads

Moderator: Capt. Black

User avatar
BY olegmcnoleg
#813715
AiRdAd wrote:
olegmcnoleg wrote:
codedog wrote:
I'm thoroughly enjoying the Carol Ann amps in AX-8 too... never heard of them before!


I've never played through a real one, and probably never will. Likewise for a Carr Slant 6. This is my favourite amplifier, but I've never experienced a real one. What a very strange state of affairs.


I've had a Carr slant 6, lovely amp


Interesting... Any idea what happened to it?
User avatar
BY codedog
#813717
olegmcnoleg wrote:
codedog wrote:
olegmcnoleg wrote:Do it, you won't regret. I'm really enjoying mine. Carol Ann and /13 profiles are my new faves.


I'm thoroughly enjoying the Carol Ann amps in AX-8 too... never heard of them before!


I've never played through a real one, and probably never will. Likewise for a Carr Slant 6. This is my favourite amplifier, but I've never experienced a real one. What a very strange state of affairs.


'Tis the future, methinks. This is where the bun fight over which modeling unit is best becomes moot, especially around which one replicates the real unit best. It won't matter to all those people who simply won't ever get a chance to play the real ones! If it sounds good then it's good!
User avatar
BY olegmcnoleg
#813723
codedog wrote:
olegmcnoleg wrote:
codedog wrote:
I'm thoroughly enjoying the Carol Ann amps in AX-8 too... never heard of them before!


I've never played through a real one, and probably never will. Likewise for a Carr Slant 6. This is my favourite amplifier, but I've never experienced a real one. What a very strange state of affairs.


'Tis the future, methinks. This is where the bun fight over which modeling unit is best becomes moot, especially around which one replicates the real unit best. It won't matter to all those people who simply won't ever get a chance to play the real ones! If it sounds good then it's good!


Indeed. And I noticed that you can now buy Kemper profiles of popular AX-8 amp setups. That's crazy.
User avatar
BY codedog
#813724
olegmcnoleg wrote:
codedog wrote:
olegmcnoleg wrote:
I've never played through a real one, and probably never will. Likewise for a Carr Slant 6. This is my favourite amplifier, but I've never experienced a real one. What a very strange state of affairs.


'Tis the future, methinks. This is where the bun fight over which modeling unit is best becomes moot, especially around which one replicates the real unit best. It won't matter to all those people who simply won't ever get a chance to play the real ones! If it sounds good then it's good!


Indeed. And I noticed that you can now buy Kemper profiles of popular AX-8 amp setups. That's crazy.


That sounds back-arseward! :crazy:
User avatar
BY Molly
#813726
Where's the Profile Pedal? It's the size of a fag packet and can be loaded with ten profiles. It costs $200 and everybody has one. Wheres that then? I'm waiting. :-)
User avatar
BY godgrinder
#813727
olegmcnoleg wrote:Indeed. And I noticed that you can now buy Kemper profiles of popular AX-8 amp setups. That's crazy.


There's also a guy selling KPA profiles of MTS modules, which I found pretty funny as well...
User avatar
BY olegmcnoleg
#813731
godgrinder wrote:
olegmcnoleg wrote:Indeed. And I noticed that you can now buy Kemper profiles of popular AX-8 amp setups. That's crazy.


There's also a guy selling KPA profiles of MTS modules, which I found pretty funny as well...


Yes, that is funny. :roll: But as a former MTS owner, I'd pay for some of those, there are some great mods available on that forum.
User avatar
BY Bg
#813734
Molly wrote:Where's the Profile Pedal? It's the size of a fag packet and can be loaded with ten profiles. It costs $200 and everybody has one. Wheres that then? I'm waiting. :-)


Same cost as a packet of fags too!
User avatar
BY dylan
#813763
Molly wrote:Where's the Profile Pedal? It's the size of a fag packet and can be loaded with ten profiles. It costs $200 and everybody has one. Wheres that then? I'm waiting. :-)


This. Its been years and still Kemper have not made a cheap version that plays back amp models but cant generate them. They could make it incompatible with full Kemper models and then print money by selling locked amp models off their webpage.

The dsp required must cost very little by now. A Kemper version of the AmplifireBox would sell a vast number...
BY null_pointer
#813764
dylan wrote:
Molly wrote:Where's the Profile Pedal? It's the size of a fag packet and can be loaded with ten profiles. It costs $200 and everybody has one. Wheres that then? I'm waiting. :-)


This. Its been years and still Kemper have not made a cheap version that plays back amp models but cant generate them. They could make it incompatible with full Kemper models and then print money by selling locked amp models off their webpage.

The dsp required must cost very little by now. A Kemper version of the AmplifireBox would sell a vast number...


Still not that cheap to poke a SHARC into a pedal with the requisite support tech. But doable, you’d think from a purely technical standpoint.
User avatar
BY Olderama
#813766
duh you cant fit a full array of tubes in a pedal
i mean thats how a Kemper works right?
User avatar
BY Molly
#813767
null_pointer wrote:
dylan wrote:
Molly wrote:Where's the Profile Pedal? It's the size of a fag packet and can be loaded with ten profiles. It costs $200 and everybody has one. Wheres that then? I'm waiting. :-)


This. Its been years and still Kemper have not made a cheap version that plays back amp models but cant generate them. They could make it incompatible with full Kemper models and then print money by selling locked amp models off their webpage.

The dsp required must cost very little by now. A Kemper version of the AmplifireBox would sell a vast number...


Still not that cheap to poke a SHARC into a pedal with the requisite support tech. But doable, you’d think from a purely technical standpoint.


NAMM in a week or so. Wonder if Kemper, or a savvy competitor, will announce anything. I just feel like it's an obvious product. Christ, even an app for your phone that could interpret profiles would be cool. Guitar into phone into power amp. :-)
User avatar
BY Kris
#813773
I'm surprised mooer or the like haven't snuck in there with something similar. Doesnt one of their new multiboards have a learning capabilty ?It's not kemper level but same road?
User avatar
BY codedog
#813774
Kris wrote:I'm surprised mooer or the like haven't snuck in there with something similar. Doesnt one of their new multiboards have a learning capabilty ?It's not kemper level but same road?


Mooer Preamp Live, I think?
User avatar
BY Kris
#813775
Sounds familiar.dont have the data to fact check myself heh.i remember a ola englund vid where he profiled his Randall Satan with it.