Wanted ads

Moderator: Capt. Black

BY olegmcnoleg
AiRdAd wrote:
olegmcnoleg wrote:
codedog wrote:
I'm thoroughly enjoying the Carol Ann amps in AX-8 too... never heard of them before!

I've never played through a real one, and probably never will. Likewise for a Carr Slant 6. This is my favourite amplifier, but I've never experienced a real one. What a very strange state of affairs.

I've had a Carr slant 6, lovely amp

Interesting... Any idea what happened to it?
BY codedog
olegmcnoleg wrote:
codedog wrote:
olegmcnoleg wrote:Do it, you won't regret. I'm really enjoying mine. Carol Ann and /13 profiles are my new faves.

I'm thoroughly enjoying the Carol Ann amps in AX-8 too... never heard of them before!

I've never played through a real one, and probably never will. Likewise for a Carr Slant 6. This is my favourite amplifier, but I've never experienced a real one. What a very strange state of affairs.

'Tis the future, methinks. This is where the bun fight over which modeling unit is best becomes moot, especially around which one replicates the real unit best. It won't matter to all those people who simply won't ever get a chance to play the real ones! If it sounds good then it's good!
BY olegmcnoleg
codedog wrote:
olegmcnoleg wrote:
codedog wrote:

'Tis the future, methinks. This is where the bun fight over which modeling unit is best becomes moot, especially around which one replicates the real unit best. It won't matter to all those people who simply won't ever get a chance to play the real ones! If it sounds good then it's good!

Indeed. And I noticed that you can now buy Kemper profiles of popular AX-8 amp setups. That's crazy.
BY codedog
olegmcnoleg wrote:
codedog wrote:
olegmcnoleg wrote:

Indeed. And I noticed that you can now buy Kemper profiles of popular AX-8 amp setups. That's crazy.

That sounds back-arseward! :crazy:
BY Molly
Where's the Profile Pedal? It's the size of a fag packet and can be loaded with ten profiles. It costs $200 and everybody has one. Wheres that then? I'm waiting. :-)
BY godgrinder
olegmcnoleg wrote:Indeed. And I noticed that you can now buy Kemper profiles of popular AX-8 amp setups. That's crazy.

There's also a guy selling KPA profiles of MTS modules, which I found pretty funny as well...
BY olegmcnoleg
godgrinder wrote:
olegmcnoleg wrote:Indeed. And I noticed that you can now buy Kemper profiles of popular AX-8 amp setups. That's crazy.

There's also a guy selling KPA profiles of MTS modules, which I found pretty funny as well...

Yes, that is funny. :roll: But as a former MTS owner, I'd pay for some of those, there are some great mods available on that forum.
BY Bg
Molly wrote:Where's the Profile Pedal? It's the size of a fag packet and can be loaded with ten profiles. It costs $200 and everybody has one. Wheres that then? I'm waiting. :-)

Same cost as a packet of fags too!
BY dylan
Molly wrote:Where's the Profile Pedal? It's the size of a fag packet and can be loaded with ten profiles. It costs $200 and everybody has one. Wheres that then? I'm waiting. :-)

This. Its been years and still Kemper have not made a cheap version that plays back amp models but cant generate them. They could make it incompatible with full Kemper models and then print money by selling locked amp models off their webpage.

The dsp required must cost very little by now. A Kemper version of the AmplifireBox would sell a vast number...
BY null_pointer
dylan wrote:

This. Its been years and still Kemper have not made a cheap version that plays back amp models but cant generate them. They could make it incompatible with full Kemper models and then print money by selling locked amp models off their webpage.

The dsp required must cost very little by now. A Kemper version of the AmplifireBox would sell a vast number...

Still not that cheap to poke a SHARC into a pedal with the requisite support tech. But doable, you’d think from a purely technical standpoint.
BY Olderama
duh you cant fit a full array of tubes in a pedal
i mean thats how a Kemper works right?
BY Molly
null_pointer wrote:
dylan wrote:

Still not that cheap to poke a SHARC into a pedal with the requisite support tech. But doable, you’d think from a purely technical standpoint.

NAMM in a week or so. Wonder if Kemper, or a savvy competitor, will announce anything. I just feel like it's an obvious product. Christ, even an app for your phone that could interpret profiles would be cool. Guitar into phone into power amp. :-)
BY Kris
I'm surprised mooer or the like haven't snuck in there with something similar. Doesnt one of their new multiboards have a learning capabilty ?It's not kemper level but same road?
BY codedog
Kris wrote:I'm surprised mooer or the like haven't snuck in there with something similar. Doesnt one of their new multiboards have a learning capabilty ?It's not kemper level but same road?

Mooer Preamp Live, I think?
BY Kris
Sounds familiar.dont have the data to fact check myself heh.i remember a ola englund vid where he profiled his Randall Satan with it.