Wanted ads

Moderator: Capt. Black

BY jeremyb
I have a 4 slice toaster I'd do for a bit less than that, it's blue and made by breville :)
BY Conway
jeremyb wrote:I have a 4 slice toaster I'd do for a bit less than that, it's blue and made by breville :)

Blue you say?

Gone off toasters though...
BY chrisbower
codedog wrote:Troy (JellyBelly) has/had one for sale...

He won't budge on $2.5k. You can buy new directly from Kemper for that (with 3 years warranty). Add customs and your still under $3k, but I have my views on it and so does he and I don't want to go down that path again. If I can't snag one for $2.3 or less, I'll go new. Hopefully someone aside from Troy has one they might want to sell.
Last edited by chrisbower on Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
BY chur
chrisbower wrote:

He won't budge on $2.5k. You can buy new directly from Kemper for that (with 3 years warranty). Add customs and your still under $3k, but I have my views on it and so does he and I don't want to go down that path again. If I can't snag one for $2.3 or less, I'll go new. Hopefully someone aside from Troy has one they might want to sell.

Even for 2.3 I think I'd go new with warranty. That's a heap of coin (to me) for something that probably isn't serviceable locally by a general tech without a warranty.
BY Conway
I don't think any tech will touch a Kemper locally. If there's a problem, you have to send them back to Germany. That's one of the reasons I sold mine.
BY slash-ed
chrisbower wrote:

So, you can't buy new directly from Kemper for $2.5k, is what you're actually saying.
BY casemysta
$2635 NZD with free shipping to buy direct from Kemper and 3 year warranty for all wondering- mine went through customs without gettting hit for GST (price wasnt visible on the packing slip unless it was open so id asusme thats why) - so you're talking just over 3k to land one new even if stung by GST.
BY chrisbower
slash-ed wrote:
chrisbower wrote:

So, you can't buy new directly from Kemper for $2.5k, is what you're actually saying.

As Casey said, you can buy one new for pretty much that figure if your lucky enough to dodge the customs charge. Even then, around $3k. I think folks asking $2.5/$2.6/2.7/2.8 etc for them without any warranty and the fact it's a 'used' item need to be a bit more realistic with their expectations.

I think $2.3 is a fair ceiling for a 'used' Kemper without any warranty whatsoever.
BY Molly
With respect, Troy can ask whatever he wants for his gear. He doesn't have to be anybody's version of 'realistic'. It seems you're only $200 apart on price so surely he's not being terribly unrealistic anyway? Also, I think negotiations needn't be aired on here. Just because you couldn't come to terms doesn't mean he should be subjected to public scrutiny.
BY chrisbower
Molly wrote:With respect, Troy can ask whatever he wants for his gear. He doesn't have to be anybody's version of 'realistic'. It seems you're only $200 apart on price so surely he's not being terribly unrealistic anyway? Also, I think negotiations needn't be aired on here. Just because you couldn't come to terms doesn't mean he should be subjected to public scrutiny.

You mean like when you blatantly scrutinized me for asking too much for my PRS when I had it listed for sale? I'm not having a dig at him, I was just replying to say that one isn't a go'er as it's outside of what I'm willing to pay. I personally feel most second hand Kempers in NZ are overpriced that's all. If someone has one for sale within my budget then great. That is the whole reason I created this ad.

Conway wrote:BTW, the retail price in NZ from the authorised local dealer, Musicworks, is $3,985.

Yeah, which is ridiculous.
BY Molly
chrisbower wrote:
You mean like when you blatantly scrutinized me for asking too much for my PRS when I had it listed for sale?

Well, no, not really. Troy hasn't listed the Kemper for sale on the forum as you did the guitar, and I wasn't in negotiation with you for the guitar as you have been the Kemper. That said, I needn't have commented on the price of the guitar so apologies if you were offended.

I'm not interested in getting into a big, negative, backwards and forwards with you over this. Short version is that if you offer stuff for sale on the forum you can expect people to comment on the price (positively or negatively depending on your expectations). Also, if you negotiate with a forum member for something they've listed on TradeMe you can't reasonably relay the ins and outs of it here. It's just not done.