Wanted ads

Moderator: Capt. Black

BY mule
Looking for some sort of boosty pedal.

I've been trying and failing to nail down what I'm looking for, so I figure I'll see what's out there and just give something a go. Ultimately I want to be able to stomp on something to get over/through the mix come lead time. Will mostly be used before/after a hotcake - I'm not against dialling the overdrive on the hotcake down and using that to boost some other interesting overdrive.

Current chain is Jazzmaster > wah > phaser > hotcake > big muff > reverb > delay > katana. Big muff is probably on the way out.

Open to compressors/overdrives/boosts with the potential to dial in some colour. Less interested in treble boost or EQ, but I could be swayed. Looking to spend under a couple hand shandy ideally.

Tell me what you have and convince me I need it!
BY StratMatt
EQ is not very exciting, but it is the best way to jump out in a mix without just adding compression.
BY null_pointer
Silver Horsie Klon of course. There are cheaper ways to boost, but if you want to hold your head up high on TGP or at a P&W convention, there's really only one choice.

Do the right thing.
BY mule
Polar Bear wrote:Silverpistol Judge! Hit up TmcB.

I'm intrigued. Feel like I've heard good things but I think that's entirely been the work of the NZG echo chamber :p
BY mugamee
null_pointer wrote:Silver Horsie Klon of course. There are cheaper ways to boost, but if you want to hold your head up high on TGP or at a P&W convention, there's really only one choice.

Do the right thing.

Ah yes of course this one as well :)
BY Polar Bear
mule wrote:
Polar Bear wrote:Silverpistol Judge! Hit up TmcB.

I'm intrigued. Feel like I've heard good things but I think that's entirely been the work of the NZG echo chamber :p

They've made it much further afield than here, and unlike the Katana, haven't all been immediately sold second hand. ;)
BY mule
null_pointer wrote:I'd be really careful about this road. First its a Judge, next thing you know you have a $3k/week cocaine habit.

Shit, I was supposed to start with the pedal?
BY Mini Forklift Ⓥ
null_pointer wrote:Silver Horsie Klon of course. There are cheaper ways to boost, but if you want to hold your head up high on TGP or at a P&W convention, there's really only one choice.

Do the right thing.

Thanks for reminding me I need to buy Lotto :wink:
BY null_pointer
Mini Forklift Ⓥ wrote:

Do the right thing.

Thanks for reminding me I need to buy Lotto :wink:

I hope you win, MF, and you buy all three variants then post a video here comparing and contrasting, right before you throw them on the bonfire you started earlier out of the chassis of your Dumble Overdrive Special and Trainwreck Rocket. I will favourite that when it happens for sure!