Wanted ads

Moderator: Capt. Black

BY matman
Hey guys - I am still around! My eldest son has been plonking away on my acoustic and is beginning to sound quite musical. I've let him play my electrics but would prefer him to have something of his own to learn on (rather than having dad nervously watching on every time he plays). He has a birthday coming up in March and I'm thinking either a guitar or a phone so this is just an advance reckie to see what might be available. Anyone got something cheap but playable that might fit the bill?
My red wtf guitar. $90.
I have a Cort Z42 which is a low-end single cut. Very playable though. I like it as it has a nice satin neck which is easy to play (there'd be a little Cort amp to go with it, not worth anything but you'd be welcome to it). My brother's boy has a Squier Strat (low-end) and Line6 Spider amp he's not using, might be keen to move that on.

Oh, and if you're interested I do have a Pocket Pod available.
BY AiRdAd
Nice to hear form you Mat!!!

how old is your son?
Spykerwolf wrote:
Single coil wrote:My red wtf guitar. $90.

Explain? Haha. I sold a red ashton a few years ago - heavily "modded" lol

https://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listin ... 1534140803
BY matman
Olderama wrote:Where at you based
I've a vintage strat in great condition for 200

I’m in Hamilton - where are you? I like the Vintage stuff I’ve tried.
BY matman
codedog wrote:Someone here, jvpp I think, has a cheap Yamaha Pacifica. Those things are bloody fantastic. Throw in the price point it's a no-brainer!

Hmmmm...yeah a Pacifica would be a really good option- especially if it’s HSS
matman wrote:
codedog wrote:Someone here, jvpp I think, has a cheap Yamaha Pacifica. Those things are bloody fantastic. Throw in the price point it's a no-brainer!

Hmmmm...yeah a Pacifica would be a really good option- especially if it’s HSS

It is indeed HSS, and I was right on the seller. Drop him a message.
BY matman
WellyBlues wrote:I have a Cort Z42 which is a low-end single cut. Very playable though. I like it as it has a nice satin neck which is easy to play (there'd be a little Cort amp to go with it, not worth anything but you'd be welcome to it). My brother's boy has a Squier Strat (low-end) and Line6 Spider amp he's not using, might be keen to move that on.

Oh, and if you're interested I do have a Pocket Pod available.

I’ve got a Cort bass that’s not bad
matman wrote:
Olderama wrote:Where at you based
I've a vintage strat in great condition for 200

I’m in Hamilton - where are you? I like the Vintage stuff I’ve tried.

I’m in welly but can ship to you no worries
Pm me if your keen :)
BY matman
AiRdAd wrote:Nice to hear form you Mat!!!

how old is your son?

Thanks Danny! Would you believe he’s 13 now...bigger than me now (not that that’s hard)
BY AiRdAd
Nice one! what sort of music does he play/listen too?