Wanted ads

Moderator: Capt. Black

BY codedog
I'm in a bit of a rut I think. So far I have only learned stringed instruments. Recently I've had a hankering for a keyboard. Has anyone got a velocity sensitive one they'd consider selling?

I'm in Christchurch.
BY jeremyb
Qwerty or Dvorak?
BY codedog
jeremyb wrote:Qwerty or Dvorak?

2 or 3 octaves please ;-)... not that I entirely know what the heck I'm talking about...
BY codedog
I'm hoping to learn how to play, as well as doodle around creating backing tracks. Having read around a bit more it seems I should aim for at least one with 49 keys.
BY telefiend
Anything less than 49 (in my experience) is a real pita. I'd recommend one of the modern Casio keyboards - they're cheap, good for learning on (piano sound isn't terrible) and many of them have USB output, so can be used as midi controller :thumbup:
BY Bg
yep if you want to learn then 49 is the minimum! I went weighted keys too, which was a mistake as I really wanted to play B3 so waterfall unweighted keys would have been better.
Weighted and normal keys are ideal for piano though :0
BY codedog
I'm not sure to what you were referring with B3, waterfall, etc. there Beegz. Anyway, thanks for the Casio advice. It seems there are a few affordable Casio touch-sensitive models out there. The CTK3500 itself is around 3 hand shandies. It sounds like a reasonable starter and, at that price, it's not really worth hunting down a second hand one.
BY telefiend
codedog wrote:I'm not sure to what you were referring with B3, waterfall, etc. there Beegz. Anyway, thanks for the Casio advice. It seems there are a few affordable Casio touch-sensitive models out there. The CTK3500 itself is around 3 hand shandies. It sounds like a reasonable starter and, at that price, it's not really worth hunting down a second hand one.

Pretty sure the 3500 has USB to host, so you'd be all good to go! I have a CTK 5200 that I use for controlling everything in my DAW and it's great. Feels a lot nicer than most of the stand-alone controllers in the lower price range. And I can do the usual piano man thing without the computer. Good times.