Wanted ads

Moderator: Capt. Black

BY LucyTheSpud
#766223
So i finally bit the bullet, and decided to get a basic studio in my house.

Have bought a computer, eyeing up a few interfaces now i just need mics.

End goal is to multi track a few live instruments, (drums and amps mostly).

So, i WTB
2x large diaphragm condensers. Multi pattern would be nice but i know im probably dreaming a little too big. Nothing too flash (AT2020s or equivalent) as i know the space i have doesnt have the best sound in world, so good mics would be overkill.

SM57s. Atleast 3 (or equivalent for snares and loud amps, must be dynamic with high SPL capabilities).

Pencil small diaphragm condenser.

Im not too snobby, and a little short on cash after buying computer and interface. So cheap is king.

Anyone got anything lying around?
User avatar
BY Jellybelly
#766226
LucyTheSpud wrote:So i finally bit the bullet, and decided to get a basic studio in my house.

Have bought a computer, eyeing up a few interfaces now i just need mics.

End goal is to multi track a few live instruments, (drums and amps mostly).

So, i WTB
2x large diaphragm condensers. Multi pattern would be nice but i know im probably dreaming a little too big. Nothing too flash (AT2020s or equivalent) as i know the space i have doesnt have the best sound in world, so good mics would be overkill.

SM57s. Atleast 3 (or equivalent for snares and loud amps, must be dynamic with high SPL capabilities).

Pencil small diaphragm condenser.

Im not too snobby, and a little short on cash after buying computer and interface. So cheap is king.

Anyone got anything lying around?


I have an Rode K2 sitting here in its case pretty much not being used. Do not know if that fills the need a bit?
Brought it for my daughter but she never used it. To scared she would bust it :lol:
BY LucyTheSpud
#766231
Jellybelly wrote:Cool as. Not really my thing and it may be a tad pricy. But the offer is there $650. :D


$650 is what i was hoping to spend on most of it :D its not gonna be anything flash at all. The space is not designed acoustically well at all.

I dont really understand the point of nice mics in un prepared studios. Last time i used anything nicer than a $200 condenser all i could hear was the birds outside and cars on the road. Way too sensitive in a poorly isolated space. Its why i use $50 dynamics on drums live in bars. Works beautifully because you dont need all the extra sparkle that you get in a studio.
User avatar
BY HackSaw
#766236
I have an MXL 990 & 991 set that I bought for reasons unknown, I don't think I have ever used them. No idea what they are worth though?
BY LucyTheSpud
#766238
HackSaw wrote:I have an MXL 990 & 991 set that I bought for reasons unknown, I don't think I have ever used them. No idea what they are worth though?


Looks to be around $200 new? Any idea where you got them from? If i was going to, id need to get a second set to have a matched pair and i cant see a reliable NZ dealer.
User avatar
BY bbrunskill
#766240
If you're not fussed and happy to use $50 mics, you don't need a matched set anyway ;-) The MXL 990 and 991 are decent, my brother has that set. Jansen used to have an AT2020 and AT2021 kit for cheap, that would be as low as I would ever dream of going. Dynamic mic wise I think it's well worth trolling around for used Shure SM57's or 58's (basically the same sound) and they hold their used value for ever and are hard to kill. I have 3 SM58 and 2x sm57, have never regretted buying them.
User avatar
BY HackSaw
#766243
LucyTheSpud wrote:
HackSaw wrote:I have an MXL 990 & 991 set that I bought for reasons unknown, I don't think I have ever used them. No idea what they are worth though?


Looks to be around $200 new? Any idea where you got them from? If i was going to, id need to get a second set to have a matched pair and i cant see a reliable NZ dealer.


I bought them when I was living in North America I think. I guess you could pick up another set from EBay? Pm an offer if you’re interested anyway, happy to throw in cables too.
User avatar
BY willow13
#766245
heaps of Rode mics on TM at the moment
User avatar
BY jeremyb
#766250
12 gauge!
BY LucyTheSpud
#766272
willow13 wrote:heaps of Rode mics on TM at the moment


Iv seen those. Just seeing what else is around in terms of pairs too :)

Also if anyone has an interface up for grabs let me know, looking for anything with 8xlr in. Have seen the Tascam stuff and know its quite good.