Wanted ads

Moderator: Capt. Black

BY MrDINO
I have been using a rat for some time now but would like to get an 808 styled o/d pedal. I'm using a Strat through a HiWatt. The rat speaks 70s which is great but after something a bit more modern low/medium gain. Appreciate your feedback.
BY Reg18
Well there's about 1000 different clones to choose from but the genuine Ibanez mini TS at $99 new seems like a no brainer if you want to give it a go!
BY dayl
+1 on the Mini. I A/B'd it with a Keely modded 808 and there really wasnt much difference. Great lil pedal.
BY Aquila Rossa
808s roll off bass and have a mid focus. Works really well with old Marshalls and Fenders that can tend to have a big loose bottom end. Can tighten them up. Bottom end of a Hiwatt is a little more solid, so the roll off may not be quite as effective. I dunno. Maybe something based on the 808 but with more than just a single tone control.
BY Molly
I bought one just the other day actually. Made in Japan (maybe they all are - dunno). Tried to date it but no joy. Anyway, cost me $150 and I've zero idea if that's good or not but I was on a gear buying high at the time...

I was buying a Strat at the time and thoughts of SRV flooded my brain.
BY MrDINO
Aquila Rossa wrote:808s roll off bass and have a mid focus. Works really well with old Marshalls and Fenders that can tend to have a big loose bottom end. Can tighten them up. Bottom end of a Hiwatt is a little more solid, so the roll off may not be quite as effective. I dunno. Maybe something based on the 808 but with more than just a single tone control.

Yep been trying an 808 style and doesn't quite work. Also trying out an earthquaker Acapulco which sounds really good.
BY Mini Forklift Ⓥ
dayl wrote:I think SRV was TS9 wasnt he?

He used both, but one of his most photographed and we'll known ones was an 808.

http://www.guitarworld.com/effects-gear-news/ibanez-ts-808-tube-screamer-owned-stevie-ray-vaughan-appears/25613

Had documentation as being his and he had even handwritten his name on the bottom of it. Think it sold on eBay a year or so ago for something like US$12k.
BY Mini Forklift Ⓥ
Molly wrote:I bought one just the other day actually. Made in Japan (maybe they all are - dunno). Tried to date it but no joy. Anyway, cost me $150 and I've zero idea if that's good or not but I was on a gear buying high at the time...

I was buying a Strat at the time and thoughts of SRV flooded my brain.

Oooh dibsy dibs dibs Brian :-)