Wanted ads

Moderator: Capt. Black

BY jeremyb
YouTube compresses the shit out of audio too, it's better if you choose HD, but still.... Not the best way to compare things :(
BY Optical
If you're still looking for one, I have a Morley pro wah. It's much more mellow than a crybaby
BY Aquila Rossa
jeremyb wrote:YouTube compresses the shit out of audio too, it's better if you choose HD, but still.... Not the best way to compare things :(

Demo channels also have a habit of making pretty much every pedal or amp sound awesome because they know what they are doing, as well as being good musos. PGS Andy for instance. Then there are other channels where less proficient demo dudes make good stuff sound like crap. Then there is that one English guy who can make stuff sound awesome but too often his massive ego gets in the way and it sounds like ass.
BY Bg
Aquila Rossa wrote:p.s. example is that I ended up preferring the cheap ceramic disc cap in my SG over mustard, paper in oil Soviet, or orange drop.

Wah pot NW is talking about seems to be more bout function than tone quality? About the travel and sweep and customizing it beyond what typical linear or taper pots can do? That could be a good thing

Well yes, but they aren't linear or log, thats the point. You can however tune a normal pot to the response of a wah pot pretty easily, just a faff about, and you want one that you can fit a gear on...

I would prefer optical then it can be tuned exactly how you want. Or digital ;)
BY Aquila Rossa
Bg wrote:
Aquila Rossa wrote:p.s. example is that I ended up preferring the cheap ceramic disc cap in my SG over mustard, paper in oil Soviet, or orange drop.

Wah pot NW is talking about seems to be more bout function than tone quality? About the travel and sweep and customizing it beyond what typical linear or taper pots can do? That could be a good thing

Well yes, but they aren't linear or log, thats the point. You can however tune a normal pot to the response of a wah pot pretty easily, just a faff about, and you want one that you can fit a gear on...

I would prefer optical then it can be tuned exactly how you want. Or digital ;)

yeah, the wah I liked best of all the ones I have had for the last several years was actually on that Boss GT-10. Not so fussed on the rest of the COSM, but I did like the wah for some reason.

Wah, fuzz and phasers are tricky. Due to tastes mostly. I like subtle for all three. The older the fussier he gets.