Wanted ads

Moderator: Capt. Black

BY NippleWrestler
My cry baby seems to have died so here I am.

I'm looking for something smooth, laid back, smoky jazz vocals kinda sound. No shrill stuff please.

Anything out there for circa $140 in Auckland?
BY stuu
I have an Ernie ball wah I'd let you have for 140.
BY NippleWrestler
That would be the discontinued one with the green lettering on there? How's the general sound? Bright, warm, fat, nasal... what am I dealing with with the EB Wah?
BY mrmofo
Hendrix wha? early one, pre barcode
$150
BY mrmofo
this is the first one, I`m not sure about it, its from the early 80`s. it`s pre bar code if that means anything to you.
I don't use wha, I bought it ages ago in a load of stuff, amp, pedals. the wha is almost mint.
a friend of mine who collects got all excited about it when I got it. it may have a different wound thingy than the new ones. I can take a photo of the insides if you like
BY stuu
NippleWrestler wrote:That would be the discontinued one with the green lettering on there? How's the general sound? Bright, warm, fat, nasal... what am I dealing with with the EB Wah?

TBH I don't really have an objective description for you because it's been so long since I used it and I'm really no authority on wah tone.

There's plenty of opinion on YouTube and musicians friend though so have a quick Google and let me know if it's in your ballpark, if so PM for a trial/hands-on.
BY TmcB
I might have mentioned, but I have an excellent Wah for about the amount of gold you're looking for.
BY NippleWrestler
stuu wrote:
NippleWrestler wrote:That would be the discontinued one with the green lettering on there? How's the general sound? Bright, warm, fat, nasal... what am I dealing with with the EB Wah?

TBH I don't really have an objective description for you because it's been so long since I used it and I'm really no authority on wah tone.

There's plenty of opinion on YouTube and musicians friend though so have a quick Google and let me know if it's in your ballpark, if so PM for a trial/hands-on.

I'd be keen to try it out if that's an option. There's as many positive reviews as negative on every pedal.

Are you in Auckland?
BY NippleWrestler
TmcB wrote:I might have mentioned, but I have an excellent Wah for about the amount of gold you're looking for.

If that's the custom one I'm not interested thanks. The resale value is non-existent on custom jobs.
BY TmcB
Fair enough, depends if you want something that actually sounds amazing, or some ho-hum Crybaby with a scratchy pot.
BY TmcB
That is exactly what I am implying
BY Aquila Rossa

I get this. I like wah, but I have not liked the last few wah pedals I have owned, so I am stuck on what to get next.

Wah can be as finicky as fuzz. Power source, guitar, pedals and amp can all work to make one that works for one person's setup not work for another. Then there is playing style and taste to account for too. Smooth, aggressive, vocal, focused. Some of the descriptions we hear. Not sure I could put a sound to any of those words tbh. Point is that there are so many variables with wah that reviews are hard to go by unless done with a very similar setup and playing style etc.

Try lots until you find one that works I reckon might be the way to go. Used market is good like that. Can try before you sell and sometimes find a keeper along the way.
BY TmcB
RMC Wahs are always a good option