ATTENTION! IF YOU DON'T HAVE 100 POSTS THEN DON'T POST FOR SALE THREADS. THIS IS NOT A FORUM WHERE YOU GET FREE SALES WITHOUT HAVING SOME INVOLVEMENT WITH THE COMMUNITY. IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT NUMBER OF POSTS, DON'T BOTHER ASKING WHERE YOUR THREAD WENT.
Cheers.

Moderator: Capt. Black

Forum rules: ATTENTION! IF YOU DON'T HAVE 100 POSTS THEN DON'T POST FOR SALE THREADS. THIS IS NOT A FORUM WHERE YOU GET FREE SALES WITHOUT HAVING SOME INVOLVEMENT WITH THE COMMUNITY. IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT NUMBER OF POSTS, DON'T BOTHER ASKING WHERE YOUR THREAD WENT.
Cheers.
Never sell first. Buy first and try. Then decide if it was the right decision. And then... keep both.
Capt. Black wrote:Never sell first. Buy first and try. Then decide if it was the right decision. And then... keep both.

The voice of reason has spoken
Single coil wrote:
Capt. Black wrote:Never sell first. Buy first and try. Then decide if it was the right decision. And then... keep both.

This would be my advise to someone else doing the same, unfortunately my pockets aren’t that deep!
I tried one out this week so I have a reasonable idea of what they are like, but ultimately going off youtube demos and just the sheer number of people who use them professionally so by my reasoning they must be pretty good?
Reg18 wrote:
Single coil wrote:

This would be my advise to someone else doing the same, unfortunately my pockets aren’t that deep!
I tried one out this week so I have a reasonable idea of what they are like, but ultimately going off youtube demos and just the sheer number of people who use them professionally so by my reasoning they must be pretty good?

When Knopfler and Mayer are touring with digital rigs (Kemper and Fractal respectively) you have to assume that digital is now close enough.
Kris wrote:ive been down this road too many times to count!

I can count mine. Third time's the charm...

I'm including the time I sold my Mesa combo and replaced it with rack gear. The days of the Alesis Quadraverb etc.

Maybe it's not an either/or question. The new Suhr Badger has cab IRs (I barely understand what that means) so maybe that's an example of a tube/digital hybrid. As, I guess, is my rig.
Molly wrote:When Knopfler and Mayer are touring with digital rigs (Kemper and Fractal respectively) you have to assume that digital is now close enough.

Throw Edge in there too, plus a couple of my favourite but bands! It definitely points that way. I think there’s almost an unconscious wired-in psychological side pushing each user a certain way, depending on what they’re like perhaps. Certainly, familiarity plays a big part I think.
at my worst my Board(s) were two-and also doing vocals and sample triggering.I could have got one of the other guitarists to do it but that would go against masochist tendencies.I brought a helix based on spec and features and boy was that a let down sonically (mostly in the amp sim department)
That said,the stomp does look mean and far less of a footprint.
BY Mini Forklift Ⓥ
Ooh, gutsy but exciting Reg. I’ve pondered the same but always pulled out at the last minute ooo errr. Interested to see how you go with everything.

I’m a sucker for watching The Pedal Show every week; if I only had one little black box for everything I think my overall ‘pedal enjoyment’ would be severely compromised. Pedals are something I’ve really got into lately and it’s almost become a bit of a hobby - gives my mind something to be entertained by outside of the stresses of work
Last edited by Mini Forklift Ⓥ on Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
BY dylan
If you are worried about the quality of the amp modelling, then waiting for Kemper floor or Fractal FM3 might be best. At least with them you know you have the highest level product.
Kris wrote:I brought a helix based on spec and features and boy was that a let down sonically (mostly in the amp sim department)

Ditto, very true. Funny thing is, I bet we were using completely different amp models.

I've also tried the HX Stomp - equally disappointing. Line 6 products are all pretty disappointing once you get past the flash and interface. Helix is a slight incremental improvement on the Pod/HD500 series. Still miles behind Kemper, let alone proper amps.
BY Kris
i'd only really look at the hx as a compact fly rig that has amp sims as a backup for FOH.Got the goat cavern well set up for quiet jams at present so can use my UAD plugins for now :)