ATTENTION! IF YOU DON'T HAVE 100 POSTS THEN DON'T POST FOR SALE THREADS. THIS IS NOT A FORUM WHERE YOU GET FREE SALES WITHOUT HAVING SOME INVOLVEMENT WITH THE COMMUNITY. IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT NUMBER OF POSTS, DON'T BOTHER ASKING WHERE YOUR THREAD WENT.
Cheers.

Moderator: Capt. Black

Forum rules: ATTENTION! IF YOU DON'T HAVE 100 POSTS THEN DON'T POST FOR SALE THREADS. THIS IS NOT A FORUM WHERE YOU GET FREE SALES WITHOUT HAVING SOME INVOLVEMENT WITH THE COMMUNITY. IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT NUMBER OF POSTS, DON'T BOTHER ASKING WHERE YOUR THREAD WENT.
Cheers.
BY Reg18
This is now a for sale thread! Open to trading or buying a S/H HX Stomp before I bite the bullet on a new one.

Bigsky sold
Diaster Area DMC3 XL gen 2 midi controller SOLD
NUX Solid Studio IR loader,SOLD
Joyo American Sound SOLD
Lovepedal Deluxe Drive SOLD
ZVex boost SOLD
Mooer Tender Octave SOLD
Pedalboard and case $150

I’d still keep my 5e3 and cab.

Last edited by Reg18 on Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:37 am, edited 12 times in total.
Im an Atomic fan but i would go for a Stomp rather than a Firebox. This is a good time to give digital a try - quality tonez at reasonable prices.
I was sooooo close to buying a Stomp myself. Decided that having a bass amp would be more beneficial so I bought an Orange Terror bass combo for a song.

Next target is a Stomp, however.
I’d consider it very carefully. I just did a similar experiment myself with a Fractal FX8. I was fortunate to be in a position where I could afford to spend a couple of weeks with both so I could really try dialing things in with the Fractal and see how I liked it compared to my current board. For what it’s worth I think the FX8 is amazing. Truely. The stuff it can cover is quite incredible.
However, in the end I preferred my stompbox pedalboard. I don’t at all regret giving it a good go though, and reckon I made it to about 90% of what I wanted in terms of sound. But I’m an old dated dinosaur with this stuff so...
SimonHirst wrote:I’d consider it very carefully. I just did a similar experiment myself with a Fractal FX8. I was fortunate to be in a position where I could afford to spend a couple of weeks with both so I could really try dialing things in with the Fractal and see how I liked it compared to my current board. For what it’s worth I think the FX8 is amazing. Truely. The stuff it can cover is quite incredible.
However, in the end I preferred my stompbox pedalboard. I don’t at all regret giving it a good go though, and reckon I made it to about 90% of what I wanted in terms of sound. But I’m an old dated dinosaur with this stuff so...

Yes I’m a bit nervous about being disappointed with the sounds, but I’d still be keeping half my board and my 5e3 so it’s like dipping my toes in without fully committing to ones and zeros!
Reg18 wrote:Yes I’m a bit nervous about being disappointed with the sounds, but I’d still be keeping half my board and my 5e3 so it’s like dipping my toes in without fully committing to ones and zeros!

Sounds like you’re doing it the sensible way :thumbup:
I was very curious to try the Fractal because they are very highly regarded, and I can certainly see why after using one. I was trying it running my analog drive section pre, and just using it for the rest. Wasn’t at all disappointed in the sounds it had, but personally I preferred my old stompboxes.
Go figure.
chur wrote:
Reg18 wrote:
Should I do this?

Is there a goal in mind your current rig doesn't achieve? Looks cool to me :thumbup:

it’s too big is one factor, but just trying to simplify it all is another driver. If the HX Stomp sounds just as good if not better than my American sound and IR loader then I’d be sold for sure. As far as I know i could load IR’s onto the HX Stomp and use my amp through it (with my load box) just as I was with my NUX Solid Studio so in theory nothing lost on that front either.
But maybe I need to rethink if what I already have is in fact just as good for now. There will always be a newer, better digital modeler released every Namm from someone no doubt so maybe I should wait for that?