ATTENTION! IF YOU DON'T HAVE 100 POSTS THEN DON'T POST FOR SALE THREADS. THIS IS NOT A FORUM WHERE YOU GET FREE SALES WITHOUT HAVING SOME INVOLVEMENT WITH THE COMMUNITY. IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT NUMBER OF POSTS, DON'T BOTHER ASKING WHERE YOUR THREAD WENT.
Cheers.

Moderator: Capt. Black

Forum rules: ATTENTION! IF YOU DON'T HAVE 100 POSTS THEN DON'T POST FOR SALE THREADS. THIS IS NOT A FORUM WHERE YOU GET FREE SALES WITHOUT HAVING SOME INVOLVEMENT WITH THE COMMUNITY. IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT NUMBER OF POSTS, DON'T BOTHER ASKING WHERE YOUR THREAD WENT.
Cheers.
This is a fantastic and versatile electric guitar that I purchased new from the Rockshop in about 2011.

It is a chambered LP-style electric guitar with twin humbucking pickups. It is NOT a electric/acoustic hybrid in the vein of the T3/T5. It has a five-way selector that gives you a variety of options for either humbucking or single-coil tones, but no acoustic tones. In addition to a volume knob, the tone control functions normally between 1-10, then from 10-12 acts as a mid boost. Great for adding a bit of bite during a solo.

The construction is sapele back, with a beautifully figured burled walnut top. The top is actually slightly arched, but not to the extent of an LP. The body is chambered, making it an incredibly light guitar. The top, fingerboard and headstock are subtly bound. The fingerboard is ebony with split diamond mother-of-pearl inlays.

The guitar is in great condition, as per the photos. There is a superficial headstock ding. There aretwo slight checks in the lacquer on the top which are really hard to see, but I have tried to photograph. The back is in perfect condition - no buckle rash. There are a couple of superficial scratches near the jack, again photographed. The electronics are in perfect working order.

This has been the most reliable instrument I have ever owned. It stays in tune, doesn't break strings, the neck has only needed 1/8th of a turn in the past eight years, and the electronics work consistently.

I'm selling because I'm an idiot that wants a heavy, probably poorly-built Les Paul. Open to trades in the vein, or even a PRS, if the right one were to come along. I'm based in Whangarei, people are welcome to try it out, could even possibly arrange this in Auckland too.

I'm looking for $2800. They retailed at $4000. The last walnut one for sale in the world was advertised at $3450. There is a koa version (which was more common) for sale in Singapore for $2500, but it is in worse condition. You're welcome to make offers, but for less than $2800 I think I'd probably keep it.

All proceeds are likely to go towards buying Mini Forklift's Les Paul, so it will stay in the family.

Photos to come
Looks lovely, really like that grain underneath the bridge. Looks like a butterfly or something, very cool!
I know this guitar very well indeed. It's really rather unique, and a great sounding instrument. Love the bridge design too!