ATTENTION! IF YOU DON'T HAVE 100 POSTS THEN DON'T POST FOR SALE THREADS. THIS IS NOT A FORUM WHERE YOU GET FREE SALES WITHOUT HAVING SOME INVOLVEMENT WITH THE COMMUNITY. IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT NUMBER OF POSTS, DON'T BOTHER ASKING WHERE YOUR THREAD WENT.
Cheers.

Moderator: Capt. Black

Forum rules: ATTENTION! IF YOU DON'T HAVE 100 POSTS THEN DON'T POST FOR SALE THREADS. THIS IS NOT A FORUM WHERE YOU GET FREE SALES WITHOUT HAVING SOME INVOLVEMENT WITH THE COMMUNITY. IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT NUMBER OF POSTS, DON'T BOTHER ASKING WHERE YOUR THREAD WENT.
Cheers.
BY Mike Clayton
Hi all, I must have a valve amp building sickness... so in case anyone else might be getting it and needs a temporary cure, I've put together a Tweed Deluxe 5E3 Kit. If you've never done this before but would like to this is an ideal way for you to have a crack. And of course I'll provide all the help I can (but you've still got to build it yourself)! My own first amp build was a 5E3 kit and its a great way to start as they are relatively uncomplicated. And I've tried to fill in the few gaps I encountered on my first build with the included instructions. You'll need to find your own rectifier, valves and speaker. BG built me a 5E3 combo cab in pine with a lacquered tweed covering - its bloody nice and I believe he's taking orders :). The cost of the 5E3 Kit is $795.00 to NZG members - here's the TradeMe ad with pics for you to peruse https://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=2041323162. And if I get reasonable interest I'll put some more kits together.
Last edited by Mike Clayton on Tue May 14, 2019 7:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
BY Reg18
Great idea and great circuit! I already own a 5E3 so no need for another one.
You and BG need to arrange a package deal!
BY Mike Clayton
Great idea - you listening BG? Yeah I already own 1 too (actually I own 2 at the moment)... it takes a little bit of sickness to build your own!
BY Bg
There's no need to go without Reg, I currently have a somewhat awesome 5E3 head box, just waiting a handle and good to go!

And more than happy to add custom spec cabs to Mikes already awesome kit price :D

Not sure how much it would be for a mojotone kit landed but cost of a full cab from me is $450 so about $1250 all up - and you don't need to support US of A, but NZ of erm NZ.

The head cab will set you back $300 currently, but prices may vary as I work on costings properly!
BY Mike Clayton
Hey all, I'll consider offers on this kit because it deserves to be built. And I can throw in a 5Y3GT rectifier. PM me if interested.
BY Bg
Mike Clayton wrote:Hey all, I'll consider offers on this kit because it deserves to be built. And I can throw in a 5Y3GT rectifier. PM me if interested.

If I wasn't going to the uk in a couple of weeks, I'd bite your hand off :( If its still around when I get back, it has my dibs on it!