ATTENTION! IF YOU DON'T HAVE 100 POSTS THEN DON'T POST FOR SALE THREADS. THIS IS NOT A FORUM WHERE YOU GET FREE SALES WITHOUT HAVING SOME INVOLVEMENT WITH THE COMMUNITY. IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT NUMBER OF POSTS, DON'T BOTHER ASKING WHERE YOUR THREAD WENT.
Cheers.

Moderator: Capt. Black

Forum rules: ATTENTION! IF YOU DON'T HAVE 100 POSTS THEN DON'T POST FOR SALE THREADS. THIS IS NOT A FORUM WHERE YOU GET FREE SALES WITHOUT HAVING SOME INVOLVEMENT WITH THE COMMUNITY. IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT NUMBER OF POSTS, DON'T BOTHER ASKING WHERE YOUR THREAD WENT.
Cheers.
BY twangnsnarl
Anyone in the market for a good affordable dreadnaught? Then look no further. I'd happily keep playing this but I've just bought a swanky new acoustic so this is surplus to requirements. The usual specs: solid spruce top (taking on a nice amber hue); mahogany back and sides; mahogany neck; rosewood fingerboard; smooth Grover-type tuners. Actual bone nut and saddle. I've swapped the old pickguard for a nice tortoise one and fitted some ebony bridge pins when I changed the strings the other day. Sounds bloody good and plays very nicely indeed.

The guitar is in as-new condition, not a mark on it. Comes in a nice, as-new padded gig-bag–type thing too.

Now $250 shipped and a tenner donated to the forum.
Last edited by twangnsnarl on Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
BY Slowy
You got the Sigma?
That should be a great guitar. I had to mention it here to stop myself buying it.
Plan on owning it when you're 60. You will be well rewarded. :thumbup:
BY twangnsnarl
Slowy wrote:You got the Sigma?
That should be a great guitar. I had to mention it here to stop myself buying it.
Plan on owning it when you're 60. You will be well rewarded. :thumbup:

I did indeed! Had to fend off a few last-minute bidders but still got it for a great price, I think. Seller's even offered to cover half the shipping. :thumbup:

It does look like a 'forever guitar'. Internet reckons only ~150 were built. :shock:
BY el byrdo
please elaborate on your sigma purchase. I've only seen one old jap sigma and in was great.
BY el byrdo
twangnsnarl wrote:
el byrdo wrote:please elaborate on your sigma purchase. I've only seen one old jap sigma and in was great.

This:
https://www.trademe.co.nz/music-instrum ... 176510.htm

Should be a good’un.

nice! solid rosewood should be good. must be good quality control to put such high end materials on a chinese guitar..
BY Conway
Slowy wrote:Plan on owning it when you're 60. You will be well rewarded. :thumbup:

I know I seem to sell a lot of gear, but I do have several guitars that I plan on owning when I’m 60.
BY Conway
Conway wrote:
Slowy wrote:Plan on owning it when you're 60. You will be well rewarded. :thumbup:

I know I seem to sell a lot of gear, but I do have several guitars that I plan on owning when I’m 60.

I'm surprised Slowy didn't pull me up on that fact that this is just next year for me. :lol: Whereas I think it will be several decades for young twangnsnarl.
BY Slowy
Conway wrote:
Conway wrote:

I'm surprised Slowy didn't pull me up on that fact that this is just next year for me. :lol: Whereas I think it will be several decades for young twangnsnarl.

Low hanging fruit Conway.
Besides, friends don't remind friends they're turning 60.