ATTENTION! IF YOU DON'T HAVE 100 POSTS THEN DON'T POST FOR SALE THREADS. THIS IS NOT A FORUM WHERE YOU GET FREE SALES WITHOUT HAVING SOME INVOLVEMENT WITH THE COMMUNITY. IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT NUMBER OF POSTS, DON'T BOTHER ASKING WHERE YOUR THREAD WENT.
Cheers.

Moderator: Capt. Black

Forum rules: ATTENTION! IF YOU DON'T HAVE 100 POSTS THEN DON'T POST FOR SALE THREADS. THIS IS NOT A FORUM WHERE YOU GET FREE SALES WITHOUT HAVING SOME INVOLVEMENT WITH THE COMMUNITY. IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT NUMBER OF POSTS, DON'T BOTHER ASKING WHERE YOUR THREAD WENT.
Cheers.
BY chrisbower
slash-ed wrote:How is it no one has bought this??

Because the Axe FX III is now out. I imagine people don't wanna invest in something that's just about at the end of it's life as far as updates and development.
BY casemysta
Debatable - currently apart from processing power; there isnt a major difference between the two and three. Especially when it comes to the main thing. TONE.

chrisbower wrote:

Because the Axe FX III is now out. I imagine people don't wanna invest in something that's just about at the end of it's life as far as updates and development.
BY chrisbower
casemysta wrote:Debatable - currently apart from processing power; there isnt a major difference between the two and three. Especially when it comes to the main thing. TONE.

chrisbower wrote:

I'd say it's already ahead in terms of tone, but obviously that gap is going to increase further and further over the years. Still, you pay for it when a new III costs a little over $4k. I've had a II though, and for anyone wondering, they are great units still.

The price isn't all that bad, it's just my prediction on why someone might be reluctant to invest.
BY slash-ed
Haha I've played the Axe III. Nice display and all that extra power but to be honest I didn't feel the need to upgrade.

To me, Fractal will soon start having the same issue as iPhones, how can you keep saying the new version is the best and so much better than the last one, when in reality the improvements are incremental at best.

Where are all the guys who swore up and down and backwards for the last 5 years that the II was already PERFECT and 100% accurate?? :lol:
BY Kloppsta
slash-ed wrote:Haha I've played the Axe III. Nice display and all that extra power but to be honest I didn't feel the need to upgrade.

To me, Fractal will soon start having the same issue as iPhones, how can you keep saying the new version is the best and so much better than the last one, when in reality the improvements are incremental at best.

Where are all the guys who swore up and down and backwards for the last 5 years that the II was already PERFECT and 100% accurate?? :lol:

Surely the GT-1000 is the absolute bestest bar none Ed? :moresarc: just yankin your chain mate
BY slash-ed
Well... here's my opinion (since you just had to drag GT-1000 into it :lol:). Equal parts as a person who has used almost every generation of modeller, and as someone who works for BOSS, so take from it what you will :D

There's no denying in my mind that Fractal Audio are still absolutely the gold standard for digitally replicating specific real world amps on a component basis.

Helix may be the trendy flavour of the last few years but in my experience it still can't match the Axe modelling. It's still a big improvement over the PODs though, and it does have a lovely colour display and really fantastic UI.

For better or worse, GT-1000 takes a different approach to many of the current modellers, with more of a focus on smaller stable of amp "models" engineered by BOSS (I say "models" because they're actually not really modelling specific real amps). My personal experience is that the responsiveness of the GT-1000 amp models is better than Helix (and we've heard this feedback a fair bit from users too).

To be honest at this point it's all a bit potato-tomato really -there's not really any one "right" product any more, it all just comes down to specific needs and personal preference.
BY Kloppsta
slash-ed wrote:Well... here's my opinion (since you just had to drag GT-1000 into it :lol:). Equal parts as a person who has used almost every generation of modeller, and as someone who works for BOSS, so take from it what you will :D

There's no denying in my mind that Fractal Audio are still absolutely the gold standard for digitally replicating specific real world amps on a component basis.

Helix may be the trendy flavour of the last few years but in my experience it still can't match the Axe modelling. It's still a big improvement over the PODs though, and it does have a lovely colour display and really fantastic UI.

For better or worse, GT-1000 takes a different approach to many of the current modellers, with more of a focus on smaller stable of amp "models" engineered by BOSS (I say "models" because they're actually not really modelling specific real amps). My personal experience is that the responsiveness of the GT-1000 amp models is better than Helix (and we've heard this feedback a fair bit from users too).

To be honest at this point it's all a bit potato-tomato really -there's not really any one "right" product any more, it all just comes down to specific needs and personal preference.

I share your viewpoint. While the last Boss modeler i owned was a GT-100, i too have owned or played all of them, with the exception of a Kemper.
I was REALLY impressed with the Atomic amplifire. To me (YMMV, IMHO etc.) the order goes:

Fractal Axe FX II / III
Line 6 Helix
Atomic Amplifire
Boss (only based on the GT-100 i had)
Headrush / 11R

Judging by how many pro's use the KPA and what people generally say about them, i would imagine they are up there with Fractal, if not above especially since they have now just released a proper software editor and new fx that supposedly could go head to head with Strymon et al.
BY slash-ed
Haha I didn't include Kemper because strictly speaking it's not a modeller. It's kind of it's own weird magic voodoo thing :lol:
BY Molly
slash-ed wrote:Haha I didn't include Kemper because strictly speaking it's not a modeller. It's kind of it's own weird magic voodoo thing :lol:

Side question, Ed. Do you think it'd be possible for a third party to produce a device that can store and recall Kemper profiles? Rather than worry about the facility to create or edit them to any degree, just focus on a player being able to select from a range of commercial profiles.

I've all my old MBritt profiles backed-up waiting for such a device.
BY slash-ed
Molly wrote:
slash-ed wrote:Haha I didn't include Kemper because strictly speaking it's not a modeller. It's kind of it's own weird magic voodoo thing :lol:

Side question, Ed. Do you think it'd be possible for a third party to produce a device that can store and recall Kemper profiles? Rather than worry about the facility to create or edit them to any degree, just focus on a player being able to select from a range of commercial profiles.

I've all my old MBritt profiles backed-up waiting for such a device.

That's a really interesting question!

I suspect that for the way most people have tended towards using them, that device is called a Kemper Profiler :lol: :lol: :lol:

While I don't think it could be that difficult, I'd expect that the only people who'd be able to do that are Kemper themselves. I'd guess that it's all wrapped up pretty tightly in secure proprietary code otherwise surely Mooer or Hotone would have released their $100 version by now :lol: