ATTENTION! IF YOU DON'T HAVE 100 POSTS THEN DON'T POST FOR SALE THREADS. THIS IS NOT A FORUM WHERE YOU GET FREE SALES WITHOUT HAVING SOME INVOLVEMENT WITH THE COMMUNITY. IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT NUMBER OF POSTS, DON'T BOTHER ASKING WHERE YOUR THREAD WENT.
Cheers.

Moderator: Capt. Black

Forum rules: ATTENTION! IF YOU DON'T HAVE 100 POSTS THEN DON'T POST FOR SALE THREADS. THIS IS NOT A FORUM WHERE YOU GET FREE SALES WITHOUT HAVING SOME INVOLVEMENT WITH THE COMMUNITY. IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT NUMBER OF POSTS, DON'T BOTHER ASKING WHERE YOUR THREAD WENT.
Cheers.
BY StratMatt
Between Helix or Fractal I would say definitely Fractal. The amount of pros that use one speaks for itself; who really uses a Helix?
BY Mini Forklift Ⓥ
Bg wrote:come to the helix side, you know you want to....

I’m gonna get a Helix HX when my Marshall sells
BY Mini Forklift Ⓥ
StratMatt wrote:The amount of pros that use one speaks for itself; who really uses a Helix?

I’m not up to speed who uses these kind of things, but was surprised to see that the Guitarist from Blur uses a Helix. Granted, he has a plentiful supply of amps and killer analogue pedals too but was kinda cool to see
BY codedog
This sort of discussion is a nice cross between religious and tone wood. To my uncouth ears they all sound pretty damn good. Heck, if you look at someone like RJ Ronquillo, he uses something cheap when touring and doing session work away. I think it may be a Mooer multi effect unit. Naught wrong with his tone.

Caveat: I just rear ended someone at the lights, nobody should listen to me right now. I need my head checked first.
BY chur
codedog wrote:This sort of discussion is a nice cross between religious and tone wood. To my uncouth ears they all sound pretty damn good. Heck, if you look at someone like RJ Ronquillo, he uses something cheap when touring and doing session work away. I think it may be a Mooer multi effect unit. Naught wrong with his tone.

Caveat: I just rear ended someone at the lights, nobody should listen to me right now. I need my head checked first.

Everyone involved o.k?
BY codedog
chur wrote:
codedog wrote:This sort of discussion is a nice cross between religious and tone wood. To my uncouth ears they all sound pretty damn good. Heck, if you look at someone like RJ Ronquillo, he uses something cheap when touring and doing session work away. I think it may be a Mooer multi effect unit. Naught wrong with his tone.

Everyone involved o.k?

Yeah mate, thanks for asking.
BY HackSaw
KNNZ wrote:The question is Helix or Fractal?

Having owned both there is only one answer in my mind (Fractal)

But I’m not going to climb on the soapbox and claim it to be the right answer, end of story. It’s simply right for me. And don’t ask why, I’m not sure I could describe it apart from “fractal feels awesome, sounds awesome , is awesome”
BY Zaulkin

I'd choose Fractal over Helix. The Helix looks nicer but I think the Fractal sounds noticeably better. Considering that the AxeFX III is out, there could be an AX-8 MK2 within a year or so and that'd put the Helix quite a few steps behind.
BY KNNZ
Zaulkin wrote:

I'd choose Fractal over Helix. The Helix looks nicer but I think the Fractal sounds noticeably better. Considering that the AxeFX III is out, there could be an AX-8 MK2 within a year or so and that'd put the Helix quite a few steps behind.

I was definitely in the market for AX8 and also keen for the AX8 Mk2 but money doesn't stay still in the bank or wallet for long (who knows how long before they will have stock? I've waited 6 months already) so I got the Helix LT, if AX8 mk2 comes out within 6 months, I can still sell the Helix with some warranty in it fairly easily I hope without losing too much and get the mk2 fingers crossed :rofl:
BY StratMatt
KNNZ wrote:
Zaulkin wrote:

I was definitely in the market for AX8 and also keen for the AX8 Mk2 but money doesn't stay still in the bank or wallet for long (who knows how long before they will have stock? I've waited 6 months already) so I got the Helix LT, if AX8 mk2 comes out within 6 months, I can still sell the Helix with some warranty in it fairly easily I hope without losing too much and get the mk2 fingers crossed :rofl:

So true eh. Have a small amount smouldering away in my gear account and not sure what to do with it. Might be wise to hold until the AX8 mk2 drops since I know I'll definitely be up for one.
BY Mini Forklift Ⓥ
This made me chuckle :lol: