ATTENTION! IF YOU DON'T HAVE 100 POSTS THEN DON'T POST FOR SALE THREADS. THIS IS NOT A FORUM WHERE YOU GET FREE SALES WITHOUT HAVING SOME INVOLVEMENT WITH THE COMMUNITY. IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT NUMBER OF POSTS, DON'T BOTHER ASKING WHERE YOUR THREAD WENT.
Cheers.

Moderator: Capt. Black

Forum rules: ATTENTION! IF YOU DON'T HAVE 100 POSTS THEN DON'T POST FOR SALE THREADS. THIS IS NOT A FORUM WHERE YOU GET FREE SALES WITHOUT HAVING SOME INVOLVEMENT WITH THE COMMUNITY. IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT NUMBER OF POSTS, DON'T BOTHER ASKING WHERE YOUR THREAD WENT.
Cheers.
BY Molly
slash-ed wrote: I'd guess that it's all wrapped up pretty tightly in secure proprietary code otherwise surely Mooer or Hotone would have released their $100 version by now :lol:

Yeah, that's what I suspected. :-(

How cool though. A four button foot controller with expression pedal for $300. I suppose the day Kemper release such a device is the day they start selling less toasters.
BY null_pointer
slash-ed wrote:
Molly wrote:
slash-ed wrote:Haha I didn't include Kemper because strictly speaking it's not a modeller. It's kind of it's own weird magic voodoo thing :lol:

Side question, Ed. Do you think it'd be possible for a third party to produce a device that can store and recall Kemper profiles? Rather than worry about the facility to create or edit them to any degree, just focus on a player being able to select from a range of commercial profiles.

I've all my old MBritt profiles backed-up waiting for such a device.

That's a really interesting question!

I suspect that for the way most people have tended towards using them, that device is called a Kemper Profiler :lol: :lol: :lol:

While I don't think it could be that difficult, I'd expect that the only people who'd be able to do that are Kemper themselves. I'd guess that it's all wrapped up pretty tightly in secure proprietary code otherwise surely Mooer or Hotone would have released their $100 version by now :lol:

I think the answer to this as asked by Molly is no, as regardless of the tweakability or IR used, you still need the actual processing power (DSP) and software platform (OS) to run the presets and digitally render the glorious /13 model through a 4x12 Celestion Gold or whatever. So you still need a Kemper to run the actual profiles, even if you don't want the hassle of doing the setups yourself if that makes sense.
BY slash-ed
DSP is cheap these days. Software is the difficult part, and like I said, that likely makes Kemper the only ones who'd be able to do that in any cut down form factor.