ATTENTION! IF YOU DON'T HAVE 100 POSTS THEN DON'T POST FOR SALE THREADS. THIS IS NOT A FORUM WHERE YOU GET FREE SALES WITHOUT HAVING SOME INVOLVEMENT WITH THE COMMUNITY. IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT NUMBER OF POSTS, DON'T BOTHER ASKING WHERE YOUR THREAD WENT.
Cheers.

Moderator: Capt. Black

Forum rules: ATTENTION! IF YOU DON'T HAVE 100 POSTS THEN DON'T POST FOR SALE THREADS. THIS IS NOT A FORUM WHERE YOU GET FREE SALES WITHOUT HAVING SOME INVOLVEMENT WITH THE COMMUNITY. IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT NUMBER OF POSTS, DON'T BOTHER ASKING WHERE YOUR THREAD WENT.
Cheers.
BY jimi
As much as I would love to grab that, I know it would just sit on top of the 100w Marshall head I already have unused while I play the Katana mini at home and the Bellbird for gigs.

Such a cool amp though, hopefully you find it a new home soon and that will take the temptation away!
BY GrantB
I bought, and sold my early 90's JTM45 (slowy, others) for $1650 maybe 18mths ago, including new Gold Lion tubes - seems to be the going rate...

I have noticed it's harder to sell Marshall legacy amps right now. There was a 2061X and matching(ish) 1974CX on TM for ages at a $1700 buy now, which not so long ago represented terrific buying. Those amps have sold for $2K in the past.

We're saturated with great gear.
GrantB wrote:I bought, and sold my early 90's JTM45 (slowy, others) for $1650 maybe 18mths ago, including new Gold Lion tubes - seems to be the going rate...

I have noticed it's harder to sell Marshall legacy amps right now. There was a 2061X and matching(ish) 1974CX on TM for ages at a $1700 buy now, which not so long ago represented terrific buying. Those amps have sold for $2K in the past.

That’s good to know.

Okay, well happy to accept offers around that sort of ballpark then
BY Molly
Mini Forklift Ⓥ wrote:
GrantB wrote:I bought, and sold my early 90's JTM45 (slowy, others) for $1650 maybe 18mths ago, including new Gold Lion tubes - seems to be the going rate...

That’s good to know.

Okay, well happy to accept offers around that sort of ballpark then

Sucks, eh? But I mentioned a similar tale with my Bluesbreaker. Still think it's a classic and worth keeping.
Molly wrote:Sucks, eh? But I mentioned a similar tale with my Bluesbreaker. Still think it's a classic and worth keeping.

Yeah I agree, but needs must. Would keep it if I could... and I guess if nobody bites then I will haha

...And that amp had had a great deal of 'Vintagisation' performed on it over the years I had it before it did the rounds of NZG. It's the only amp I'd love to get back one day, if I have a few bucks handy to do it. Despite all that, what you sold it for was probably the max I would pay for it even though it is one exceptional bit of gear!
GrantB wrote:I bought, and sold my early 90's JTM45 (slowy, others) for $1650 maybe 18mths ago

On that basis I’m gonna let this go for $1,500, which is a bargain for what it is.
BY Molly
Mini Forklift Ⓥ wrote:
GrantB wrote:I bought, and sold my early 90's JTM45 (slowy, others) for $1650 maybe 18mths ago

On that basis I’m gonna let this go for $1,500, which is a bargain for what it is.

Feck.

I'm in Christchurch tomorrow but guessing as I'll have the family in tow and you'll have stuff on the chances of actually trying this are pretty much zero. And I shift this time next week. The look on the wife's face as more and more parcels arrive is a mixture of bemusement and annoyance.
Molly wrote:
Mini Forklift Ⓥ wrote:

Feck.

I'm in Christchurch tomorrow but guessing as I'll have the family in tow and you'll have stuff on the chances of actually trying this are pretty much zero. And I shift this time next week. The look on the wife's face as more and more parcels arrive is a mixture of bemusement and annoyance.

I’ll be around up until 11am then have kids swimming lessons for an hour or so. Back home again just before 12.30pm if that helps?
Molly wrote:
Mini Forklift Ⓥ wrote:

Feck.

Just do it Molly!

I reckon a good JTM45 is something you should have at least once in your life.
A bit like ticking of the list of things a bloke should experience. Like growing a full beard, owning an American V8 or visiting Vegas.

You’ll never regret it.

8)

And $$1500 is a great deal!
Capt. Black wrote:Just do it Molly!

A bit like ticking of the list of things a bloke should experience. Like growing a full beard, owning an American V8 or visiting Vegas.

You’ll never regret it.

8)

I think it’s a good deal. Molly has had a JTM45 before but think he had the combo version.

Still available btw ;-)
Mini Forklift Ⓥ wrote:
Capt. Black wrote:Just do it Molly!

You’ll never regret it.

8)

I think it’s a good deal. Molly has had a JTM45 before but think he had the combo version.

Yeah but I doubt he’s ever had head as good as this will be... 8)
Guitar purchased so need to sell this ASAP! Free shipping if that will sweeten the deal for anyone