ATTENTION! IF YOU DON'T HAVE 100 POSTS THEN DON'T POST FOR SALE THREADS. THIS IS NOT A FORUM WHERE YOU GET FREE SALES WITHOUT HAVING SOME INVOLVEMENT WITH THE COMMUNITY. IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT NUMBER OF POSTS, DON'T BOTHER ASKING WHERE YOUR THREAD WENT.
Cheers.

Moderator: Capt. Black

Forum rules: ATTENTION! IF YOU DON'T HAVE 100 POSTS THEN DON'T POST FOR SALE THREADS. THIS IS NOT A FORUM WHERE YOU GET FREE SALES WITHOUT HAVING SOME INVOLVEMENT WITH THE COMMUNITY. IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT NUMBER OF POSTS, DON'T BOTHER ASKING WHERE YOUR THREAD WENT.
Cheers.
#813401
I've decided that I need to do a major gear cull/consolidation to get down to the bare essentials. This will be stage 1.


1) 1966 Fender Jaguar. $4000
Image
This has been refinished in Fiesta Red (probably somewhere between Fiesta and Dakota Red actually). It's had an expert refret and plays like a dream- especially the silky-smooth trem! All original apart from the finish, frets, and the bridge pickup (which is actually an earlier, pre CBS jag pickup). Comes in a reproduction case that's accurate to the era. It currently has a mastery bridge fitted, but I will be keeping that so it will come with the original bridge only. It's been affectionately dubbed the "Block Lobster".

Will post some more photos later on when I get a chance.

2) Ryan-built Regal Rocket amp. $1500
Image

This is mostly based on a 60s Ampeg Reverberocket with a couple of tweaks to make it a bit more useful as a gigging amp. The preamp tubes are the original 60s complement- 6SL7 and 6SN7 which are actually Octal tubes. The power section is 2x 6L6 delivering 25 watts clean- ideal for club gigs as it easily keeps up with a loud drummer. The tone stack is from a Fender brown face Deluxe and it has a switchable boost (actually a mids switch) and bright switch. The master volume is a PPIMV. This amp has easily the nicest reverb and trem I've heard in a combo amp- the reverb has a lovely drip to it and the tremolo is utterly hypnotic. While this can get some nice grit when maxed out, it really excels as a clean amp, and is great as a pedal platform. Currently running a Weber Neo-Mag speaker. Fitted with Fender tilt-back legs for extra R2-D2. I can include an attenuator for an extra $100.

Tilty:
Image

Toobs:
Image
#813409
I've literally just talked myself into how good a Jag would be. Comparitable scale length and all (24 inch Jag to 24.75 for Gibbo if you're so inclined) to the guitars I use most. You suck! WHY!!!!! I think you're super cool but politely speaking, go suck a dick. If you're so inclined, go have a less fabulous house.
#813411
kdawg2a wrote:I've literally just talked myself into how good a Jag would be. Comparitable scale length and all (24 inch Jag to 24.75 for Gibbo if you're so inclined) to the guitars I use most. You suck! WHY!!!!! I think you're super cool but politely speaking, go suck a dick. If you're so inclined, go have a less fabulous house.


Well... I don't really want to do either of those things. I am open to trades though- hit me with some options if you're keen.
#813412
bender wrote:
kdawg2a wrote:I've literally just talked myself into how good a Jag would be. Comparitable scale length and all (24 inch Jag to 24.75 for Gibbo if you're so inclined) to the guitars I use most. You suck! WHY!!!!! I think you're super cool but politely speaking, go suck a dick. If you're so inclined, go have a less fabulous house.


Well... I don't really want to do either of those things. I am open to trades though- hit me with some options if you're keen.

I still think you're cool.
#813415
kdawg2a wrote:
bender wrote:
kdawg2a wrote:I've literally just talked myself into how good a Jag would be. Comparitable scale length and all (24 inch Jag to 24.75 for Gibbo if you're so inclined) to the guitars I use most. You suck! WHY!!!!! I think you're super cool but politely speaking, go suck a dick. If you're so inclined, go have a less fabulous house.


Well... I don't really want to do either of those things. I am open to trades though- hit me with some options if you're keen.

I still think you're cool.


That's what my mum tells me.