ATTENTION! IF YOU DON'T HAVE 100 POSTS THEN DON'T POST FOR SALE THREADS. THIS IS NOT A FORUM WHERE YOU GET FREE SALES WITHOUT HAVING SOME INVOLVEMENT WITH THE COMMUNITY. IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT NUMBER OF POSTS, DON'T BOTHER ASKING WHERE YOUR THREAD WENT.
Cheers.

Moderator: Capt. Black

Forum rules: ATTENTION! IF YOU DON'T HAVE 100 POSTS THEN DON'T POST FOR SALE THREADS. THIS IS NOT A FORUM WHERE YOU GET FREE SALES WITHOUT HAVING SOME INVOLVEMENT WITH THE COMMUNITY. IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT NUMBER OF POSTS, DON'T BOTHER ASKING WHERE YOUR THREAD WENT.
Cheers.
Relucantly letting this go. Always loved the look of these and you don't see too many about either.

It's an early Jackson SLSMG, pre EMG model with the thinner neck. The later model with EMG's had a thicker neck and I must say having played both, this is much comfier in my opinion and seems to be preferable to most of those on the internet too.

The guitar is lightweight and extremely resonant. Very loud acoustically which is always a good sign. The thin neck combined with the jumbo frets make for amazing playability and there is no fret wear to note.

The only thing letting the guitar down was the passive EMG pickups it came with so I swapped these out for a set of Bare Knuckle Nailbombs Alnico and now it sounds as good as it plays.

With the guitar being a satin finish, it's not perfect by any means. The satin finish has started to shine in obvious areas and there are some surface scratches as well a spot of lacquer that has peeled, however there are no dents to the guitar. It's still clean overall for a 16 year old guitar.

Still have the original receipt for $2299 from K Rd Rockshop. Add on the fact a set of Bare Knuckle Nailbombs will set you back between $450 and $500, you've got yourself an absolute bargain.

Complete with a hard case.

$850.

Last edited by chrisbower on Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:40 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Ah damn you Chris. You've put a lot of tasty gear up on here over the last year or so, but this one....

See this is the guitar that got away. An early SLSMG I played in a shop on Denmark Street in London. The stock passive EMGs were rubbish, but I could sort that. However, it almost played itself. Very much an "oh wow" guitar. Amazing playability, like you say. I even had it on the shop counter, but had instead a last minute "nah I'm moving back to NZ and I don't need another guitar" moment, which I have regretted ever since.

You've sorted the pickup issue, its an early one and a great price considering the pickups. Aaaand I'm planning on doing the selling/buying housed thing in Jan, so just can't even consider it. Bollocks.

Can someone else buy this, then decide they need to free up some cash in about six months? Pleeeeeeeease? :D
Danger Mouse wrote:Ah damn you Chris. You've put a lot of tasty gear up on here over the last year or so, but this one....

See this is the guitar that got away. An early SLSMG I played in a shop on Denmark Street in London. The stock passive EMGs were rubbish, but I could sort that. However, it almost played itself. Very much an "oh wow" guitar. Amazing playability, like you say. I even had it on the shop counter, but had instead a last minute "nah I'm moving back to NZ and I don't need another guitar" moment, which I have regretted ever since.

You've sorted the pickup issue, its an early one and a great price considering the pickups. Aaaand I'm planning on doing the selling/buying housed thing in Jan, so just can't even consider it. Bollocks.

Can someone else buy this, then decide they need to free up some cash in about six months? Pleeeeeeeease? :D

Haha Things always crop up at the worst of times eh? That's quite the story though. Like I say, a reluctant sale but I'm going overseas in May so have to get a bit brutal with my music gear. If plans change or you fancy paying it off in a few installments (which I'd be perfectly happy with), get in touch. :)
The Scarecrow wrote:This is a thing of beauty and right up my alley.

Unfortunately, my alley is a ghetto slum when it comes to cash currently.

Part payments are welcome within reason. I need the funds before my overseas trip early May so I have no problem holding it here until it's paid off. PM me if you want to talk.
Molly wrote:
chrisbower wrote:Dropped the price on TM. Will take $850 on here.

Got to be a bargain. The pickups alone would cost about $450 to land. :thumbup:

Exactly. If I don't get any interest at this price, I'll pull the pickups and sell them separately.