ATTENTION! IF YOU DON'T HAVE 100 POSTS THEN DON'T POST FOR SALE THREADS. THIS IS NOT A FORUM WHERE YOU GET FREE SALES WITHOUT HAVING SOME INVOLVEMENT WITH THE COMMUNITY. IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT NUMBER OF POSTS, DON'T BOTHER ASKING WHERE YOUR THREAD WENT.
Cheers.

Moderator: Capt. Black

Forum rules: ATTENTION! IF YOU DON'T HAVE 100 POSTS THEN DON'T POST FOR SALE THREADS. THIS IS NOT A FORUM WHERE YOU GET FREE SALES WITHOUT HAVING SOME INVOLVEMENT WITH THE COMMUNITY. IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT NUMBER OF POSTS, DON'T BOTHER ASKING WHERE YOUR THREAD WENT.
Cheers.
BY Molly
Hmmm. Could keep it I suppose but I still gravitate back to my Strat so I'll stick it on here and see what happens. $2,750 is what it stands me at shipped so that's what I'm asking. If you're local and want to collect I'll knock off the shipping.

Save for a wee ding by the output socket it's pretty much mint. Comes in a nice G&G case. Still has the fretboard protector thing and the case candy / build-sheet. Think it's a 2008 model. One previous owner. Low mileage.

When I bought this it was mistakenly listed as 'chambered' when it was supposed to say 'chamfered' (those nice contours in the pics below). I've peeked under the pickguard and there's no additional routing). It's nice and light. Suhr quality an' all that.

Ta.
Last edited by Molly on Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
BY MrDINO
Nice Suhr Brian. Which Strat have you at present? Hope you had a great Christmas
BY Molly
MrDINO wrote:Nice Suhr Brian. Which Strat have you at present? Hope you had a great Christmas

Cheers Dean. You too.

I've got the CS '66 maple neck that Grant refretted for me. Want to put a treble bleed in it but other than that it's sorted. Then there's the Eric Johnson that's in the post from Troy and a CS '60 that's due this week too.

https://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listin ... &archive=1

Got a John Page HH Stratish shaped thing due this week too but that's HH.

Just been doing an A/B between the Victory Kotzen and Duchess trying to decide which one to take away with me. Problems, problems... ;-)
BY MrDINO
Sounds like good problems :)
I’ve got a 73 Tele Grant put new frets on ( when he owned it I think ) great job. Plays effortlessly.
BY KNNZ
hmm yum much want but no liquid haha
interested in trades for Gretsch flavored guitar?
BY Molly
KNNZ wrote:hmm yum much want but no liquid haha
interested in trades for Gretsch flavored guitar?

I'm just banking the cash to be honest but thanks for the offer.
BY Mini Forklift Ⓥ
Molly wrote:I'm just banking the cash to be honest but thanks for the offer.

Was gonna offer a trade on my LP on the off chance. Been hankering after a nice Tele
BY Molly
Mini Forklift Ⓥ wrote:
Molly wrote:I'm just banking the cash to be honest but thanks for the offer.

Was gonna offer a trade on my LP on the off chance. Been hankering after a nice Tele

Same thing really, Jim, sorry. We head away in about five weeks. I'm weighing-up what I can take and it'll likely only be stuff I can dismantle to fit in suitcases. That rules-out any fixed-neck guitars. Also, there's the money thing. Got a mental figure I want in the guitar account as a buffer and it's not quite there.
BY Molly
Y'know... if this doesn't sell I'd be sorely tempted to do a nitro refin whilst I'm also doing my EJ Strat. Wonder if ash would present any particular challenges.

Faded surf green FTW.
BY robnobcorncob
Molly wrote:Y'know... if this doesn't sell I'd be sorely tempted to do a nitro refin whilst I'm also doing my EJ Strat. Wonder if ash would present any particular challenges.

Faded surf green FTW.

You'd take a decent hit on the resale, and it would put a lot of people off buying it who would otherwise be willing to pay more with original finish and give it a good home. Correct me if I'm wrong, but one of the many appealing aspects of a Suhr is that the quality is consistently high and they are nigh on perfect. Imagine refinishing it and it being 98% perfect but not quite there..... (not ripping on your skill level, but it's different doing it yourself at home compared to Suhr who will have a proper ticketed spray booth with humidity control and workers in the finishing department who are good at getting the best result day in day out, without exception.) Refinishing when it's done by choice will also raise a few questions from potential buyers down the line, as opposed to when the refin is covering a well-executed (or not) repair job where the instrument has been damaged or modified.

So, refinning is totally fine if you plan on keeping it for yourself, but let's be honest that is highly unlikely as you have it for sale currently(!). You bought it for a good price so just sell or swap it for one in surf green, problem solved.
BY Bg
Misty buff....