ATTENTION! IF YOU DON'T HAVE 100 POSTS THEN DON'T POST FOR SALE THREADS. THIS IS NOT A FORUM WHERE YOU GET FREE SALES WITHOUT HAVING SOME INVOLVEMENT WITH THE COMMUNITY. IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT NUMBER OF POSTS, DON'T BOTHER ASKING WHERE YOUR THREAD WENT.
Cheers.

Moderator: Capt. Black

Forum rules: ATTENTION! IF YOU DON'T HAVE 100 POSTS THEN DON'T POST FOR SALE THREADS. THIS IS NOT A FORUM WHERE YOU GET FREE SALES WITHOUT HAVING SOME INVOLVEMENT WITH THE COMMUNITY. IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT NUMBER OF POSTS, DON'T BOTHER ASKING WHERE YOUR THREAD WENT.
Cheers.
Thanks. It's just GAS rearing its head again
BY Molly
Mini Forklift Ⓥ wrote:Thanks. It's just GAS rearing its head again

True and I get that but GAS will always rear its head and sooner or later it'll be a Les Paul that you can't do without (I speak from experience - not being critical at all). When I look at your gear I see a kind of quintessential set-up with that particular Les Paul / Marshall rig. It might not be the tone in your head right now but it will be at some point.

I'm the last one to offer this advice (or maybe the best one to offer this advice) but just keep your LP / Marshall rig. Over time you can add a Tele or whatever. Set up a guitar account and see what you can do to build it up a bit next year.

Actually, I am the best one to say this. I see snapshots of my various 'stock' (might as well call it stock since I treat it as such) and sometimes think: "Hmm, I could've just left it right there and done without all the subsequent buy/sell drama. I'm actually no better off today than I was then..." So, if I was taking my own advice, when I hit upon a particularly good guitar I'd bloody keep it. But you know I won't.... LOL.
BY kdawg2a
Molly wrote:
Mini Forklift Ⓥ wrote:Thanks. It's just GAS rearing its head again

True and I get that but GAS will always rear its head and sooner or later it'll be a Les Paul that you can't do without (I speak from experience - not being critical at all). When I look at your gear I see a kind of quintessential set-up with that particular Les Paul / Marshall rig. It might not be the tone in your head right now but it will be at some point.

I'm the last one to offer this advice (or maybe the best one to offer this advice) but just keep your LP / Marshall rig. Over time you can add a Tele or whatever. Set up a guitar account and see what you can do to build it up a bit next year.

Actually, I am the best one to say this. I see snapshots of my various 'stock' (might as well call it stock since I treat it as such) and sometimes think: "Hmm, I could've just left it right there and done without all the subsequent buy/sell drama. I'm actually no better off today than I was then..." So, if I was taking my own advice, when I hit upon a particularly good guitar I'd bloody keep it. But you know I won't.... LOL.

Of all of Molly's guitars that i've had the honour to have a play on (around .2% of them...) the ones that stand out were the Fender NoCaster, that P90 equipped Les Paul goldtop and that NOS 1963 re-issue 335. Those were 3 unbelievible guitars. Them 3 with a really great low wattage valve amp would be amazing for some serious wood shedding.