ATTENTION! IF YOU DON'T HAVE 100 POSTS THEN DON'T POST FOR SALE THREADS. THIS IS NOT A FORUM WHERE YOU GET FREE SALES WITHOUT HAVING SOME INVOLVEMENT WITH THE COMMUNITY. IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT NUMBER OF POSTS, DON'T BOTHER ASKING WHERE YOUR THREAD WENT.
Cheers.

Moderator: Capt. Black

Forum rules: ATTENTION! IF YOU DON'T HAVE 100 POSTS THEN DON'T POST FOR SALE THREADS. THIS IS NOT A FORUM WHERE YOU GET FREE SALES WITHOUT HAVING SOME INVOLVEMENT WITH THE COMMUNITY. IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT NUMBER OF POSTS, DON'T BOTHER ASKING WHERE YOUR THREAD WENT.
Cheers.
BY Mini Forklift Ⓥ
Bugera Vintage all-valve 22w head - $475 bought brand new a little over a week ago, includes footswitch

Last edited by Mini Forklift Ⓥ on Fri Dec 28, 2018 3:31 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Prices lowered
Feel free to make me an offer on the Marshall if anyone’s interested, pretty sure there’s not that many of these around. Second year of the JTM45 reissue, this one still has the rounded corners from 1989 so apparently Marshall used a box from the first year of production (is dated early 1990 inside the head). In amazing condition for something nearly 30 years old, no significant marks on it at all. Valves recently replaced with Genalex Gold Lion KT66’s and preamp tubes all switched out for quality NOS ones.
BY Mini Forklift Ⓥ
Quick update, have decided to keep the pedals and the Bugera. Marshall is reluctantly FS (also up on TM but cheaper for anyone here); will likely end up buying a not-crazy-expensive multi effects with the rest going towards orthodontic work for my daughter. Needs must and family first
BY Mini Forklift Ⓥ
First off thanks to Molly for the PM’s. Change of mind means that if you’re interested in the Marshall let me know this weekend; it will be coming off TM later today. Thanks
BY Molly
Mini Forklift Ⓥ wrote:First off thanks to Molly for the PM’s. Change of mind means that if you’re interested in the Marshall let me know this weekend; it will be coming off TM later today. Thanks

Just to clarify, as that reads like I've expressed interest then changed my mind, I PMd to say Jim should keep the Marshall as it'd be hard to replace.
BY Mini Forklift Ⓥ
Molly wrote:
Mini Forklift Ⓥ wrote:First off thanks to Molly for the PM’s. Change of mind means that if you’re interested in the Marshall let me know this weekend; it will be coming off TM later today. Thanks

Just to clarify, as that reads like I've expressed interest then changed my mind, I PMd to say Jim should keep the Marshall as it'd be hard to replace.

Oops. Yep what he said
BY Mini Forklift Ⓥ
Bugera on the chopping block, just found out I’ve got entry to a big race in February that is gonna require a bit of cash!

RRP was $649 and it’s only around a month old. It’s had virtually no play-time due to it being boxed back up when our Christmas tree took its spot. Looking for $400
Molly wrote:Just join in the race for free. :-)

Wishful thinking. It’s a bit of a bucket list race so I’m stoked to be able to tow the start line for it - $300 entry fee and around $400 for accommodation though. Only fair that I don’t pull everything from the joint account!
BY Molly
Mini Forklift Ⓥ wrote:
Molly wrote:Just join in the race for free. :-)

Wishful thinking. It’s a bit of a bucket list race so I’m stoked to be able to tow the start line for it - $300 entry fee and around $400 for accommodation though. Only fair that I don’t pull everything from the joint account!

Excuse my ignorance, Jim, but why can't you just run with everybody else and use your watch to figure-out your time? Who cares if it's on some official list at the end.

My Mrs did a Queenstown run recently. At the end you were able to visit a website and put in your number or name to see a pic, name, time etc. I thought it was a bit of an invasion of privacy. If you enter 'by stealth' you can run incognito ;-)
BY jeremyb
Other benefit is if you do badly then no one else can see :mrgreen:
Molly wrote:Excuse my ignorance, Jim, but why can't you just run with everybody else and use your watch to figure-out your time? Who cares if it's on some official list at the end.

If there's a major race going on you wouldn't be allowed to just join in. Any of the off-road or mountain ones like Old Ghost, St James, Kepler etc it's quite often contained just for the entrants on that day - unlikely you'd be able to just 'hop in' and run with everyone that has paid to run it. Similar for most other races, I'd imagine you would risk being removed from the course by one of the race officials or at the very least you would be held back until the last person has passed through.
BY Molly
Mini Forklift Ⓥ wrote:
Molly wrote:Excuse my ignorance, Jim, but why can't you just run with everybody else and use your watch to figure-out your time? Who cares if it's on some official list at the end.

If there's a major race going on you wouldn't be allowed to just join in. Any of the off-road or mountain ones like Old Ghost, St James, Kepler etc it's quite often contained just for the entrants on that day - unlikely you'd be able to just 'hop in' and run with everyone that has paid to run it. Similar for most other races, I'd imagine you would risk being removed from the course by one of the race officials or at the very least you would be held back until the last person has passed through.

Fuck it. Turn up pissed and offer to fight anybody that tries to stop you racing. :-)

My Mrs asks what race is it?
Molly wrote:Fuck it. Turn up pissed and offer to fight anybody that tries to stop you racing. :-)

My Mrs asks what race is it?

Haha, that might have to be my plan B! It's the Old Ghost Ultra over on the West Coast.