ATTENTION! IF YOU DON'T HAVE 100 POSTS THEN DON'T POST FOR SALE THREADS. THIS IS NOT A FORUM WHERE YOU GET FREE SALES WITHOUT HAVING SOME INVOLVEMENT WITH THE COMMUNITY. IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT NUMBER OF POSTS, DON'T BOTHER ASKING WHERE YOUR THREAD WENT.
Cheers.

Moderator: Capt. Black

Forum rules: ATTENTION! IF YOU DON'T HAVE 100 POSTS THEN DON'T POST FOR SALE THREADS. THIS IS NOT A FORUM WHERE YOU GET FREE SALES WITHOUT HAVING SOME INVOLVEMENT WITH THE COMMUNITY. IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT NUMBER OF POSTS, DON'T BOTHER ASKING WHERE YOUR THREAD WENT.
Cheers.
BY olegmcnoleg
S'ok, I'm just a bit wary of posting a price in case I get lynched on here.

For sale at $4k. The early Deluxes (70-73) for sale on Reverb are around $3500-5500USD, typically over 4kUSD. So I think it is good value. The later 70's ones you can pick up for $2500USD but I don't think they are as good, or as desirable. They often weigh a metric ton as well.

Local folks are welcome to try before you buy, as usual, and I might do a partial trade if something tickles my fancy.
BY sizzlingbadger
The '76 on TradeMe I sold 3 years ago for $2500, it was pretty rough though, I did some work to it to tidy it up, it played nice. It was pretty heavy, refinished badly and had a maple neck. I'd buy it back (if I had any cash) for $2500 but no more.

This '72 looks like a much nicer guitar.
BY olegmcnoleg
sizzlingbadger wrote:The '76 on TradeMe I sold 3 years ago for $2500, it was pretty rough though, I did some work to it to tidy it up, it played nice. It was pretty heavy, refinished badly and had a maple neck. I'd buy it back (if I had any cash) for $2500 but no more.

This '72 looks like a much nicer guitar.

Thanks SB, I really appreciate your going to the trouble of posting this. There are always exceptions, but I think it is true to say that the early 70s guitars are now becoming desirable, because they are better.