ATTENTION! IF YOU DON'T HAVE 100 POSTS THEN DON'T POST FOR SALE THREADS. THIS IS NOT A FORUM WHERE YOU GET FREE SALES WITHOUT HAVING SOME INVOLVEMENT WITH THE COMMUNITY. IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT NUMBER OF POSTS, DON'T BOTHER ASKING WHERE YOUR THREAD WENT.
Cheers.

Moderator: Capt. Black

Forum rules: ATTENTION! IF YOU DON'T HAVE 100 POSTS THEN DON'T POST FOR SALE THREADS. THIS IS NOT A FORUM WHERE YOU GET FREE SALES WITHOUT HAVING SOME INVOLVEMENT WITH THE COMMUNITY. IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT NUMBER OF POSTS, DON'T BOTHER ASKING WHERE YOUR THREAD WENT.
Cheers.
BY olegmcnoleg
I'm considering selling this:

It is a genuine '72 deluxe, with an extremely rare factory finish in sweet cherry red (not to be confused with wine red, or red sparkle). It is not heavy, weighs < 10 lbs. Lollar Imperials have been fitted, the best vintage humbucker I know. The wiring is tricked out, the volume pots are push-push to split the coils and the tone pots are push-push to swap the tone capacitor values (moving it from thicker to brighter voicing). I also have the original wiring loom and pots, from 1972, but not the pickups. It has been refretted, frets are almost new. Apart from that, it is original, and in really good shape (no neck or headstock damage). Comes with original Gibson case, and I think I have the pickguard somewhere. It is well set up and it plays and sounds great. Some genuine relic-ing too. I have a bunch more pics if you are genuinely interested. I'm not planning to give it away though.

Both Slowy and Nik have played the guitar, so you could ask them about it if you want a second opinion.
Last edited by olegmcnoleg on Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BY olegmcnoleg
Pretty sure it is mahogany neck. I'll add some more photos shortly, and can take some better ones if there is a need (these photos were taken with my ooold phone and they are quite crap.
BY mrmofo
did it originally have Mini Hums?
BY GrantB
Did you bring this to the first gearfest at the pub in Akl? If so, I played it, and liked. If not, I must have been drunk.
BY olegmcnoleg
GrantB wrote:Did you bring this to the first gearfest at the pub in Akl? If so, I played it, and liked. If not, I must have been drunk.

Yes, I did bring it, and you did play it Grant. You were also probably drunk ;-)
BY olegmcnoleg
I'm not an expert on older Les Pauls, so shout out if you want any close up pictures of the various bits.

Serial number is 179277 for the trainspotters.
BY Mini Forklift Ⓥ
olegmcnoleg wrote:I'm considering selling this...

Damn that's nice, was looking at the '76 LP Deluxe that's on TM at the moment only last night :clap:
BY Molly
Mini Forklift Ⓥ wrote:

Damn that's nice, was looking at the '76 LP Deluxe that's on TM at the moment only last night :clap:

That one is ex-me and 'banger. He's added a very healthy profit margin.
BY olegmcnoleg
Molly wrote:
Mini Forklift Ⓥ wrote:

That one is ex-me and 'banger. He's added a very healthy profit margin.

This one is nothing like that one.

And just confirming the question from above, it is a mahogany neck.