ATTENTION! IF YOU DON'T HAVE 100 POSTS THEN DON'T POST FOR SALE THREADS. THIS IS NOT A FORUM WHERE YOU GET FREE SALES WITHOUT HAVING SOME INVOLVEMENT WITH THE COMMUNITY. IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT NUMBER OF POSTS, DON'T BOTHER ASKING WHERE YOUR THREAD WENT.
Cheers.

Moderator: Capt. Black

Forum rules: ATTENTION! IF YOU DON'T HAVE 100 POSTS THEN DON'T POST FOR SALE THREADS. THIS IS NOT A FORUM WHERE YOU GET FREE SALES WITHOUT HAVING SOME INVOLVEMENT WITH THE COMMUNITY. IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT NUMBER OF POSTS, DON'T BOTHER ASKING WHERE YOUR THREAD WENT.
Cheers.
BY Jake
Very reluctant sale but can't justify having two Les Pauls at the moment sadly.

On offer for you fine folk today is a 1970s lawsuit era (great buzz word) Kasuga Les Paul. Kasuga was one of the few Japanese brands in that era that had their own individual factory and their quality was superb (I have owned several now).

Guitar is in fantastic condition for it's age. A few very light scratches and dents as you'd expect but still pretty awesome for an instrument over 40 years old. All original pickups etc, plays and sounds fantastic. Even comes with original hardcase in well used but good condition.

The only things worth mentioning is one tuning peg appears to have been reglued at some point and there is a hariline crack in the lacquer at the headstock. I had this inspected by a luthier and he confirmed it's only in the lacquer and nothing to worry about, and it hasn't had any issues in the four years I've had it. It can only be seen from certain angles, I tried to take a photo of this but it wouldn't show up so had to take it with flash which made it look way worse than it is but thought I would include it for full disclosure.

Price drop to $600 which I think is pretty decent, I paid $700 for my Kasuga Strat which is in worse condition and I have seen similar ones go on tardme for upwards of $1000 over the years. Open to reasonable offers though.

Based in Wellington and happy for buyers to come try it out. Can ship at buyers expense and risk. Cheers!

Heaps more photos here if you want them: https://imgur.com/a/jgpqK2P
Last edited by Jake on Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:09 am, edited 5 times in total.
BY mrmofo
set or bolt neck?
BY Jake
mrmofo wrote:set or bolt neck?

Set neck, I promise I'll get those photos up tonight!
I've confirmed that I'm buying the other guitar, once I have it in my hands (and I know that I like it) this Kasuga will be up for sale.
BY kdawg2a
Jake wrote:Yep that's the one! Pretty sure I dug up a thread on here about it, was that yours?
Edit: just found it, that's definitely the one! Can't believe the deal you got it for.

Yeah. I was going to suggest you maybe don't look!
BY Jake
kdawg2a wrote:
Jake wrote:Yep that's the one! Pretty sure I dug up a thread on here about it, was that yours?
Edit: just found it, that's definitely the one! Can't believe the deal you got it for.

Yeah. I was going to suggest you maybe don't look!

Haha that's all sweet I saw it ages ago, good on you for getting a deal! I still have it and love it so am more than happy with the price I paid you.