ATTENTION! IF YOU DON'T HAVE 100 POSTS THEN DON'T POST FOR SALE THREADS. THIS IS NOT A FORUM WHERE YOU GET FREE SALES WITHOUT HAVING SOME INVOLVEMENT WITH THE COMMUNITY. IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT NUMBER OF POSTS, DON'T BOTHER ASKING WHERE YOUR THREAD WENT.
Cheers.

Moderator: Capt. Black

Forum rules: ATTENTION! IF YOU DON'T HAVE 100 POSTS THEN DON'T POST FOR SALE THREADS. THIS IS NOT A FORUM WHERE YOU GET FREE SALES WITHOUT HAVING SOME INVOLVEMENT WITH THE COMMUNITY. IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT NUMBER OF POSTS, DON'T BOTHER ASKING WHERE YOUR THREAD WENT.
Cheers.
Mini Forklift Ⓥ wrote:
Molly wrote:Just noticed this belongs to the forum's own opsguy.

Yeah, have sent him a message :-)

So have I but not about the Marshall.

Shame we live all the way down here. I guess your job takes you up to Auckland from time to time.
Molly wrote:
Mini Forklift Ⓥ wrote:
Molly wrote:Just noticed this belongs to the forum's own opsguy.

Yeah, have sent him a message :-)

So have I but not about the Marshall.

Shame we live all the way down here. I guess your job takes you up to Auckland from time to time.

It does, but usually not with enough baggage allowance to bring something like this back with me.
Hi. Sorry for the belated reply. I've only recently joined the forum and...I have yet to work up the nerve to talk to my wife about this matter...I purchased the JTM45 head second-hand but in great condition on EBay in 2005. Steve Bartlett installed and biased KT66 output tubes for a more authentic Bluesbreaker tone. It runs on our NZ mains power supply. There are no issues that I am aware of. It cost me $1690 to land in 2005. If reviews are to be believed then the choice of speakers can be important. I have run it with a custom solid macrocarpa + plywood 2x12 cab (Cabinet maker build) with Plessey speakers (the good ones) reconed using Celestion blue kits by Steve Bartlett.

Cheers Hamish
docwill wrote:Hi. Sorry for the belated reply. I've only recently joined the forum and...I have yet to work up the nerve to talk to my wife about this matter...I purchased the JTM45 head second-hand but in great condition on EBay in 2005. Steve Bartlett installed and biased KT66 output tubes for a more authentic Bluesbreaker tone. It runs on our NZ mains power supply. There are no issues that I am aware of. It cost me $1690 to land in 2005. If reviews are to be believed then the choice of speakers can be important. I have run it with a custom solid macrocarpa + plywood 2x12 cab (Cabinet maker build) with Plessey speakers (the good ones) reconed using Celestion blue kits by Steve Bartlett.

Cheers Hamish

Thanks Hamish. Are you in Christchurch by any chance?
docwill wrote:I shouldn't ask but...how much (and would you be at all interested in reissue JTM45 head plus cash difference?) Cheers

Sorry to derail the thread somewhat... but is that JTM45 re-issue the one that went from me toBG to Slowy to Grant and then to someone else and possibly someone in between?