ATTENTION! IF YOU DON'T HAVE 100 POSTS THEN DON'T POST FOR SALE THREADS. THIS IS NOT A FORUM WHERE YOU GET FREE SALES WITHOUT HAVING SOME INVOLVEMENT WITH THE COMMUNITY. IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT NUMBER OF POSTS, DON'T BOTHER ASKING WHERE YOUR THREAD WENT.
Cheers.

Moderator: Capt. Black

Forum rules: ATTENTION! IF YOU DON'T HAVE 100 POSTS THEN DON'T POST FOR SALE THREADS. THIS IS NOT A FORUM WHERE YOU GET FREE SALES WITHOUT HAVING SOME INVOLVEMENT WITH THE COMMUNITY. IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT NUMBER OF POSTS, DON'T BOTHER ASKING WHERE YOUR THREAD WENT.
Cheers.
BY Slowy
olegmcnoleg wrote:I’m getting questions, but I’m an SG duffer...how would you describe the neck on this one Slowy?

It was so long, so many guitars ago!
I have zero affinity for SG's but the first time I picked this one up I got lost for an hour. This would suggest a couple of things:
The neck is not a '60s matchstick but I don't recall it being really big either.
It's a resonant piece of wood. Oleg said this, but in order for me to love a guitar, I have to feel it vibrating through my hands. This one's got it in spades.

Subjective I know, but I really enjoyed its voice. Sounded really satisfying.

It also has the best Gibson neck repair I've seen. I'd been playing the thing for a week or two before wondering what the shading on the back of the neck was.

It's a great guitar. It's a Gibson. And the price?!!! :wtf: 8)
BY Zaulkin
olegmcnoleg wrote:
Zaulkin wrote:Ohhhh that SG.

And Argghhh that Aria. It looks lovely.

Too bad I'm broke.

Will trade for a Rasmus

You won't want it now that I've messed with it. :) I like it too much to trade anyway.

Installments on the SG?
Zaulkin wrote:
olegmcnoleg wrote:
Zaulkin wrote:Ohhhh that SG.

And Argghhh that Aria. It looks lovely.

Too bad I'm broke.

Will trade for a Rasmus

You won't want it now that I've messed with it. :) I like it too much to trade anyway.

Installments on the SG?

For you...sure. What terms do you have in mind?
BY Zaulkin
olegmcnoleg wrote:
Zaulkin wrote:
olegmcnoleg wrote:
Will trade for a Rasmus

Installments on the SG?

That you don't tell the missus? :)
Zaulkin wrote:
olegmcnoleg wrote:
Zaulkin wrote:

Installments on the SG?

That you don't tell the missus? :)

Mine or yours? Let’s play it safe and say both, right? :problem:
BY mrmofo
mrmofo wrote:hey M, bring the SG to wk one day and let me know. would love to check it out.

just ahhh bringing my earlier post to your attention.
mrmofo wrote:
mrmofo wrote:hey M, bring the SG to wk one day and let me know. would love to check it out.

just ahhh bringing my earlier post to your attention.

Yep, got that...Will bring it in on Monday if I don’t have a sale by then...
BY mrmofo
cool, was hoping for a sale today. good luck.
mrmofo wrote:cool, was hoping for a sale today. good luck.

Oh, did not realize you were that serious, sorry.
Buy it. If you don’t like it when you see it, I’ll give you a full refund—no risk to you, no questions asked.
BY mrmofo
if I had it in my hands and liked it I would have bought it on a whim.

no worries at all mate. cheers.