ATTENTION! IF YOU DON'T HAVE 100 POSTS THEN DON'T POST FOR SALE THREADS. THIS IS NOT A FORUM WHERE YOU GET FREE SALES WITHOUT HAVING SOME INVOLVEMENT WITH THE COMMUNITY. IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT NUMBER OF POSTS, DON'T BOTHER ASKING WHERE YOUR THREAD WENT.
Cheers.

Moderator: Capt. Black

Forum rules: ATTENTION! IF YOU DON'T HAVE 100 POSTS THEN DON'T POST FOR SALE THREADS. THIS IS NOT A FORUM WHERE YOU GET FREE SALES WITHOUT HAVING SOME INVOLVEMENT WITH THE COMMUNITY. IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT NUMBER OF POSTS, DON'T BOTHER ASKING WHERE YOUR THREAD WENT.
Cheers.
Few bits and pieces for sale. All top notch. Free shipping on everything apart from the speakers.

1. 2x Celestion G12M greenbacks, made in England. $300 for the pair, or $160 each. Happy to ship - cost tbc.

2. 1960s Jen Cry Baby - $250. Vintage Italian wah with film can inductor and cool Ducati capacitor. Total Cream tone. I sent it to Stu Castledine to get a fuzz buffer added and he replaced the footswitch while he was at it. He said it was one of the better film can wahs he had heard (and this is a man who has heard a LOT of wahs...). The case is well worn - looks like someone painted it red at some point, then thought better of it and painted it black again. Character, it has. Works perfectly, and sounds amazing with fuzz.

Image Image

3. Silverpistol Orion - $140. Epic silicon fuzz from Tony. This is a prototype version with a James tone stack, which is utterly awesome in my opinion. Classic MkIII tone bender sound with a huge range of tonal options.

4. Seymour Duncan Seth Lover bridge pickup - $100. Excellent PAF style pickup - only selling as I got my hands on a 60s patent sticker. I nicked the cover off this to put on the vintage one, so this is uncovered.

Image Image
Last edited by Darth Sabbathi on Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:02 pm, edited 6 times in total.
kdawg2a wrote:Goddamn it! I need that trem and pickup but I just bought a Danelectro with my spare funds. You're not in need of anything trade wise perchance?

Not really looking for trades - unless by some chance you have a Catalinbread Belle Epoch Deluxe or a Dawner Prince Boonar. I have an unusual (for me) desire for delay...
Darth Sabbathi wrote:Not really looking for trades - unless by some chance you have a Catalinbread Belle Epoch Deluxe or a Dawner Prince Boonar. I have an unusual (for me) desire for delay...

Big Echoplex fan here. Used a Binson a bit back in the day but could never afford to hang on to one. Enjoyed the Catalinbread version which I sold for a Boonar. Found it very underwhelming, weedy sounding thing.
Would suggest trying hard to test drive before purchase. Guru's new machine could be cool ( when it finally lands )
Dharmajester wrote:
Darth Sabbathi wrote:Not really looking for trades - unless by some chance you have a Catalinbread Belle Epoch Deluxe or a Dawner Prince Boonar. I have an unusual (for me) desire for delay...

Big Echoplex fan here. Used a Binson a bit back in the day but could never afford to hang on to one. Enjoyed the Catalinbread version which I sold for a Boonar. Found it very underwhelming, weedy sounding thing.
Would suggest trying hard to test drive before purchase. Guru's new machine could be cool ( when it finally lands )

Interesting. Trying before buying would be a very tall order - but both seem to hold their value pretty well, so I figure I wouldn't lose much if I can buy second hand.

I have heard the Boonar is overly bright. Did you mess with the internal dip switches and trimmers?

I was more inclined towards the Catalinbread - I think you've just made up my mind for me. :wink:
Darth Sabbathi wrote:Interesting. Trying before buying would be a very tall order - but both seem to hold their value pretty well, so I figure I wouldn't lose much if I can buy second hand.
I have heard the Boonar is overly bright. Did you mess with the internal dip switches and trimmers?
I was more inclined towards the Catalinbread - I think you've just made up my mind for me. :wink:

Yeah, tryout opportunities are a rarity in our pleasant land unfortunately. I did play with all the available options on the Boonar but could never get it to sit right. Very anaemic with the swell control backed off and lacking definition with it up. With a real Binson the echo sits nicely in relation to the input material and thanks in part to the level boost it provides, always sounds fat and lush without sacrificing clarity.
Did you manage to grab the patent sticker or the patent sticker t-top, only ask as I grabbed a sticker t-top and had Rob put it in the neck position of my SG. Great pickup, 7.2k hope to one day grab a second to complete the matching pair.