ATTENTION! IF YOU DON'T HAVE 100 POSTS THEN DON'T POST FOR SALE THREADS. THIS IS NOT A FORUM WHERE YOU GET FREE SALES WITHOUT HAVING SOME INVOLVEMENT WITH THE COMMUNITY. IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT NUMBER OF POSTS, DON'T BOTHER ASKING WHERE YOUR THREAD WENT.
Cheers.

Moderator: Capt. Black

Forum rules: ATTENTION! IF YOU DON'T HAVE 100 POSTS THEN DON'T POST FOR SALE THREADS. THIS IS NOT A FORUM WHERE YOU GET FREE SALES WITHOUT HAVING SOME INVOLVEMENT WITH THE COMMUNITY. IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT NUMBER OF POSTS, DON'T BOTHER ASKING WHERE YOUR THREAD WENT.
Cheers.
Have a bit of gas (again), so am toying with the idea of letting this one go to a fund a few things. This one's a pretty rare guitar, produced for only six months during 1980 at the pinnacle of Tokai's workmanship (the last of the handbuilt Tokai's before they switched to CNC in 1981). The few Reborn Old's that I have seen come up tend to go for anywhere in the region of the low-mid $2k's up to around $3k. It's the same model as this one for anyone interested in the specs:

https://reverb.com/nz/item/5371723-1980-tokai-singlecut-reborn-old-ls60-ohc-vintage-cherry-sunburst

In amazing condition for a near 40 year old guitar, came with the OHSC and looks like it's hardly been out of it :clap:

From Wikipedia: "There is a major exception to this in that some "Reborn Olds" (very rare) and "Love Rock" models have inked serial numbers on the reverse of the headstock (often referred to as "Inkies"). These guitars are, it is generally agreed, from 1980 (00xxxxx and 01xxxxx) and 1981 (11xxxxx) although there are those who would disagree with this."

PM me if anyone's interested, am undecided at this stage so not too fussed if there isn't any :lol:
Last edited by Mini Forklift Ⓥ on Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
Mini Forklift Ⓥ wrote:
GrantB wrote:Capt Black?

??

The Captain regards Gibsons as common peasantry compared to the exclusive rarity of premium Tokais.
“1981 Tokai les paul [...] this is the guitar gibson have been trying to make for the past 25 years”
- the captain, 2012.
8)
What are you gassing for?
Anyone interested in this?..

Suunto Spartan Sport Wrist HR Baro

Unused and boxed, bought as a spare/backup watch two weeks ago. Major amp GAS means I'm willing to take a hit to pay for a new amp I'm getting this weekend - and I can keep the Tokai :-)

Optical Heart Rate, barometer, huge battery life... not much it can't do. Will ship for free too :thumbup: